I've ordered a replacement for my three-month-old Bold 9930, which unexpectedly died 2 days ago. The "death" made no sense at all. I didn't drop the phone in water, smash it on a hard surface, etc...just babied it for three months.

The Verizon store folks gave me no explanation other than "We've never seen this happen before." All I did was lift the phone out of its protective case after sending an email...and then total darkness.

Have any of you experienced a similar situation? I'm worried that there's a major defect in the new OS 7 operating system or something similar going on.

I rely totally on my BlackBerry for business, so this incident has me worried that a similar situation might occur with my replacement phone. Also, I now have serious doubts about the reliability of RIM's product line.

Thanks in advance for your comments!
    12-19-11 01:09 PM
    Its happened before.

The issue is software related.
    But the software issue makes it impossible to reload.
    The second batch apparently is different. Hopefully it fixes the issue.
    12-19-11 01:13 PM
    Thanks much for the info. Here's hoping my number won't come up the 2nd time around!
    12-19-11 02:50 PM
    Thanks much for the info. Here's hoping my number won't come up the 2nd time around!
    theres a TON of 9930 bricking threads in the 9930/9900 forum. search there.
    12-19-11 03:43 PM
    Replace your device, the i hear a lot about verizon's mecixo made Blackberry Bold 9930 devices defects.
    12-19-11 11:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD