Hello,

I wanted to ask for any advice people might have, as I've had major bluetooth compatibility problems with my Blackberry 8830. I had a Jawbone, but I would have to fight with it to connect (the connection would keep failing so I would have to keep trying until the connection actually took or even having to delete the device and re-pair it to Blackberry) and sometimes it would disconnect in the middle of a call.

I thus put the Jawbone in the drawer and got a Jabra BT135, which worked fabulously for the first couple weeks, but is now having the same issues with establishing a connection as the Jawbone.

I'm starting to think that the Blackberry is just not that good with Bluetooth, or maybe my Blackberry is somehow defective.

I'm thinking about buying the Blackberry HS-655 headset, which is supposedly "optimized" for Blackberry, but am afraid that I may have the same issues if the problem is really with the Blackberry and not the headset.

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone may have.
    03-26-08 04:45 PM
    I'm having the same problem with my Motorola HF820 Speakerphone! My BB 8320 WON'T connect with the bluetooth speakerphone!!! I also had problems pairing with other phones, like Motorola and Nokia! My BB is unlocked from T-Mobile! Can anyone help me with this?
    03-28-08 11:19 AM
    I am using the Jawbone and the Plantronics 655 headset and have no problems with them whatsoever. I favor the Jawbone to the Plantronics due to the longer battery life. Try resending your Servicebook to your phone and see if that help, this seems to be a software issue. Try this also Enable the BT indicator from the Bluetooth options menu.
    Last edited by CrackBlack; 03-30-08 at 10:40 AM.
    03-30-08 10:30 AM
    I am trying to pair my Motorola H500 headset with my Blackberry 8830, which it normally works, but now the "Connect" option wont even come up. Anyone experience a similar problem?
    04-05-08 01:10 AM
    i have a motorola headset from my old razr and i have set my phone to pair with the head set, but for some resason it searches and won't find it..it is not giving me an option to enter in a pin code. what could be the problem

frustrating!!
    04-07-08 02:08 AM
    I've had so much static with both the Plantronics 510 and 520 that I'm contemplating returning my Pearl. I can't believe BB has so many bluetooth problems! I've tried disabling encryption, and it hasn't changed anything. Unless the phone is 10" away from my earpiece, I get constant static. Makes the phone unusable for actually talking on it (wow, what a concept).
    04-13-08 01:57 PM
    I have an 8830 and have had zero problems pairing it with any valid bluetooth device.

I will say this though, if other devices near me (computer, other phone.. ect) that has already been paired to the device I am attempting to pair to the 8830, there will be a conflict. I have to tell the other device(s) (computer, other phone.. ect) to not connect to it. Hope that makes sense.
    04-13-08 04:08 PM
    my H700 worked fine with my pearl until yesterday, then it needed to be within like, 1 foot of the phone. I tested syncing with my computer, and the headset syncs fine, but the BB wont sync unless i put it right beside the bluetooth dongle.
    04-15-08 11:23 PM
    I have a 8830WE and never had issues pairing and use BT headsets.
    04-16-08 10:56 AM
    I think my Bluetooth headset problem may be solved.

Besides the bluetooth headset, I also use a Bluetooth Stowaway Shasta keyboard, which included an installation with the Desktop Manager. When I went into the options for the installed program, I had selected Non-stop for "Keep auto-reconnecting for". I then changed this from "Non-stop" to "Don't reconnect" (thus needing to go in and manually click connect whenever I need to use the keyboard). I did this about a week ago, and I've since had no Bluetooth connection or pairing problems using my Jawbone bluetooth headset -- it's been working perfectly. I guess my blackberry was trying to reconnect non-stop to the keyboard, which inhibited the proper functioning of a bluetooth headset.
    04-21-08 01:47 PM
    Hi guys, been lurking here for a while.

Long story short, I have a Verizon 8830 and a Jawbone. Thought they were the best.

Had the following issues:
    - Callers could not hear/understand me through the Jawbone.
    - After about a minute, the microphone of the Jawbone wouldn't work anymore. I could hear my callers but they couldn't hear me.

I was playing around with them this morning and I went into the properties and disabled the decryption and the auto echo control. Now my callers hear me just fine and for long periods. The noise cancellation is working just fine on the Jawbone.

Is there a known incompatibility with the echo control and the encryption? Maybe unknown?
    04-21-08 05:46 PM
    I just traded out of a 2004 Mercedes for a 2008. My 8830 worked perfectly with the Bluetooth in the 2004, but with the 2008, it would pair perfectly, but drop connection after 5 to 10 minutes. No rhyme or reason. I thought it was the car, but my Sony cellphone pairs perfectly and stays connected.

I just took the 8830 and Disabled encryption. Drove around for 40 minutes and the connection never dropped.

Thanks for the tip.
    05-01-08 09:19 PM
    I usually have to reset my blootooth every 2-3 months
    05-10-08 06:24 PM

Long story short, I have a Verizon 8830 and a Jawbone. Thought they were the best.

- After about a minute, the microphone of the Jawbone wouldn't work anymore. I could hear my callers but they couldn't hear me.

I was playing around with them this morning and I went into the properties and disabled the decryption and the auto echo control. Now my callers hear me just fine and for long periods. The noise cancellation is working just fine on the Jawbone.

Is there a known incompatibility with the echo control and the encryption? Maybe unknown?
    Thanks for the info. Callers said they couldn't hear me when I used my Samsung WEP200 headset and so I've been driving with the 8830 up to my ear which I hate.

I have a feeling this is going to work since I changed the settings for my Insignia Bluetooth Headphones and the sound is no longer skipping through the songs. Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!!
    05-17-08 03:25 PM
    I've had a 7100i for a couple of years. Originally got a Jabra BT 500 from Hello Direct and found it often disconnecting itself for no reason, even when staying in the same spot. I returned the Jabra 3 times for a replacement thinking it was the device and Nextel repeatedly telling me it was not the phone. Finally on my last call to Nextel (now with Sprint) the phone technician mentioned in a whisper that the Jabra was not great with the Blackberry and that I should go with a Plantronics. I don't remember the model number of the one I purchased, but I am having the same problems, though not as frequent. I'm ready to throw it all out on the highway as Nextel/Sprint continues to throw up their hands in confusion having "never heard of this problem...ever."

Help!
    06-01-08 05:08 PM
    I've had (or should I say test driven) several different bluetooth headsets. I have never had any luck with any of the Jabra ones...so I steer clear. I've had the Moto H-12, Plantronics 510, 520, 925, and a handfull of others. However, the best by far has been the Jawbone 2. It's fairly small, and has paired perfectly to my 8310. I get no static, and can hear (and be heard) very well. I'm sold!
    06-01-08 05:16 PM
    I Have always used bluetooth w/ my 8100 and it has always worked perfectly. I have connected many different types of units from all types of vendors. I presently have Moto H700, Moto H710, Plantronics Voyager 855 and Pulsar 590 paired w/ my BB. They all work excellent.
    Last edited by johnsmohr111; 06-01-08 at 05:34 PM.
    06-01-08 05:24 PM
    I usually have to reset my blootooth every 2-3 months
    I usually do the same just to insure no issues and haven't had any thus far.
    06-01-08 05:34 PM
    My 8330 mysteriously killed the bluetooth connection. I went into the bluetooth setting to find that it was disabled. I clicked on "enable" and NOTHING. It just went to the blank bluetooth page.

I removed the battery, replaced and it worked again. What a PITA.
    06-03-08 03:21 AM
    I just got a curve 8330 and i have the H710. It worked fine on my pearl but now that I have the curve I went to pair it and it gives an error message that it cannot pair with the phone. I then went and got a new headset charged it and it does the same thing. Has anyone else had any problems with their H710not pairing with the curve? The surprizing thing is that my Moto S9 headset paired up fine.
    07-02-08 11:22 AM
    Also there is a bb Headset.....I dont know if only tmobile carries it or not but my friend who works for at&t hasnt heard or seen it and its been out for a while its about $100 (hopefully its went down since then) and its very small and comfortable.
    07-10-08 07:49 PM

Is there a known incompatibility with the echo control and the encryption?

Maybe unknown?

Thanks for the information with the encryption and echo control. It seems to made my Motorola 500 work better. Thanks!
    07-14-08 08:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD