Everyone is getting along just fine so far.
    My bad, carry on. I'll just kick back and play with my toy.
    09-10-10 07:39 AM
    My bad, carry on. I'll just kick back and play with my toy.
    lol see BBs are toys too!
    09-10-10 07:44 AM
    lol see BBs are toys too!
    Did I say BB? :::: puts BOD behind back ::::
    09-10-10 07:47 AM
    ah, I knew that was coming.
    09-10-10 07:52 AM
    Isn't that exactly what I said?
    Yes, which was originally what I said in the post you quoted. Repetition is a good form of learning (for the other people in this thread, since we already understand this point).
    09-10-10 08:11 AM
    I agree that the phone is what you make it. My BB is a "toy" when I need it to be (thank you Pinball Deluxe and Sunday Ticket To-Go ) and a messaging/calling/make-life-easier devices when I need that. I think people who are more prone to turning their smartphones into a "toy" would have a more enjoyable time with iPhones or Droids though.
    09-10-10 08:58 AM
    I agree that the phone is what you make it. My BB is a "toy" when I need it to be (thank you Pinball Deluxe and Sunday Ticket To-Go ) and a messaging/calling/make-life-easier devices when I need that. I think people who are more prone to turning their smartphones into a "toy" would have a more enjoyable time with iPhones or Droids though.
    No doubt. The hardware and amount of developers contribute to that factor. Once RIM ups the hardware on their devices and include a GPU on all of them, I guarantee tons of great games come out.
    09-10-10 09:02 AM
    No doubt. The hardware and amount of developers contribute to that factor. Once RIM ups the hardware on their devices and include a GPU on all of them, I guarantee tons of great games come out.
    I'm hoping for more great games + apps. I just want a Netflix app! Think I'm gonna have to get a Touch to satisfy that desire.
    09-10-10 09:08 AM
    I don't get why "toy" is such a bad word. In fact in our usage "gadgets" are sometimes synonymous to "toys".
    09-10-10 09:11 AM
    I'm hoping for more great games + apps. I just want a Netflix app! Think I'm gonna have to get a Touch to satisfy that desire.
    Yea the iPod Touch would be great for that. Or did you mean touchscreen in general?
    09-10-10 09:17 AM
    I don't get why "toy" is such a bad word. In fact in our usage "gadgets" are sometimes synonymous to "toys".
    It's not that toy is a bad word. It's that some people on this forum assume everything that is not a BB is a toy and can't be used as a serious communication tool or business tool.
    09-10-10 09:19 AM
    Yea the iPod Touch would be great for that. Or did you mean touchscreen in general?
    I meant the iTouch Plan on getting one as soon as I can justify spending more money on gadgets. Ran into a few unexpected expenses last week.
    09-10-10 09:23 AM
    I meant the iTouch Plan on getting one as soon as I can justify spending more money on gadgets. Ran into a few unexpected expenses last week.
    Ah ok. Yea the new one is really nice. Retina display and front and back camera. I read somewhere that it only has 256MB of RAM though (iPhone 4 has 512mb). Shouldn't be that big of a deal since the iPad has 256MB and runs everything perfectly fine.
    09-10-10 09:32 AM
    It's not that toy is a bad word. It's that some people on this forum assume everything that is not a BB is a toy and can't be used as a serious communication tool or business tool.
    Now that makes sense. I understand "toy" as something which someone enjoys playing with, and lots of things fall into category.
    09-10-10 09:35 AM
    Now that makes sense. I understand "toy" as something which someone enjoys playing with, and lots of things fall into category.
    Exactly.
    09-10-10 09:40 AM
    I heard While back that they were working on a Netflix App for Android just like the one that's out for iPhone. I haven't looked up anything on it lately but you may want to check that out unless you want a iPod a touch and a Droid.
    09-10-10 09:41 AM
    I heard While back that they were working on a Netflix App for Android just like the one that's out for iPhone. I haven't looked up anything on it lately but you may want to check that out unless you want a iPod a touch and a Droid.
    Yea, it's suppose to be coming "soon" for Android.

Android next up to get streaming Netflix goodness
    09-10-10 09:44 AM
    Think I'll stick with my Bold and get an iTouch. Thanks for the info though. Been reading about people successful connecting their iTouch to their berry via bluetooth and using it as a modem. Plus it's another place to store music, and I love music
    09-10-10 09:46 AM
    Think I'll stick with my Bold and get an iTouch. Thanks for the info though. Been reading about people successful connecting their iTouch to their berry via bluetooth and using it as a modem. Plus it's another place to store music, and I love music
    Bold in the left pocket, iTouch in the right. Been doing that combo for a while now. You'll love it.
    09-10-10 09:59 AM
    I carry multiple "toys" for everything. I have a milestone, 32g i-touch, 32g 3GS, BB8900, hp ipaq and I have a plethera of unlocked gsm BBs that i switch in and out of at a whim. i enjoy the versatility of many of the devices and the different things that each one can do. You have to be able to appreciate that each device will have its limitations and until a company can put everything into one device.
    09-10-10 10:06 AM
    Opps. For some reason I thought you already had a Android phone and was hoping that they were getting a Netflix App. Guess I wasn't paying full attention or got your post mixed up with someone else's.
    09-10-10 10:17 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD