You all are funny. I haven't even thought of those songs for years....now I'm humming them. (Wish I was taller, wish I was a balla...)

The first ringtone I made is the intro (the first 13 seconds looped) of "16 Shells from a 30 Ought Six" by Tom Waits.

Thanks again for the instructions, daddybear.

I'm going to spend way to much time making ringtones now.

AZA
    03-01-08 06:31 PM
    I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat and a '64 Impala!! lol
    03-01-08 06:35 PM
    Wow. Checking back in and this thread has gotten interesting!

Big dumb animal? No. Just obsessed with blueberry poptarts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-08 06:42 PM
    Mmmmmm.....

Blueberry poptarts...

Yum.

-db

03-01-08 07:07 PM
    I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat and a '64 Impala!! lol
    We should play "Name That Tune"...
    03-02-08 12:07 AM
    ok...

uploaded three ringtones to the site...

can't you hear me knockin -the stones

man in a suitcase -the police

fools gold - stone roses

check em out...

-db

kristin...that s a good idea...how many words should we use for each guess?

one line? ten words?
    03-02-08 02:18 PM
    Never mind. I figured it out. There are two windows that open when I launch the Roxio program and I was using the wrong one of the two. I found the Quick Sound Editor option in one of the drop down menu in other window and then was able to figure out how to create a ring tone thanks to your instructions. Good stuff.

AZA
    I ran into the same problem. I followed DB's advice and still nothing. I right click the song, (and I've tried several) and "quick sound editor" is simply not an option -- not from the right click and not from any drop down menu. I checked to see if I was running the most up to date version, (I am). It's just hard to believe I'm the only one on this forum who hasn't had this work out. I pulled up the help menu, (which is right on par with DB's detailed instructions). Any ideas? Anybody else have the same issue?
    09-17-08 07:25 PM
    Just got by Curve and would like some custom ringtones but I don't see the Quick Sound Editor on the media manager. HELP!

Tim
    01-05-09 03:30 PM
    can anyone upload ringtones to the site? i havnt really looked at it.
    01-05-09 03:59 PM
    what do i do if i want to make a ringtone off a song from my computer?
    01-05-09 05:14 PM
    I've tried finding this "quick sound editor" thing with no luck. After I highlight the track I want to use and click on "file" no such option exists. Neither does it in "edit" or any other place. The version of desktop manager is 4.5. If anyone knows why I would appreciate the help...
    Last edited by oddoco; 03-06-09 at 02:47 PM.
    03-06-09 02:25 PM
    After also trying to located "Quick Sound Editor," one of the threads said to go to Myxer.com. SO easy -- way better than the Audacity route -- that sucked. Highly recommend Myxer.
    05-03-09 02:51 PM
    After also trying to located "Quick Sound Editor," one of the threads said to go to Myxer.com. SO easy -- way better than the Audacity route -- that sucked. Highly recommend Myxer.
    Audacity is a great program, you shouldn't put it down just because you preferred another application over it.
    05-03-09 02:58 PM
    Hey DB congrats on your ringtone creation.......ahhh one of these days I will get a chnace to try my hand at it!!

05-03-09 03:01 PM
    Sorry, Xliderider --

I'm a novice at most things technical, so the Audacity route was quite challenging. I don't need to be scolded
    05-04-09 06:58 PM
    Congrats!
    05-04-09 10:19 PM
    Audacity is a great program, you shouldn't put it down just because you preferred another application over it.
    I've used Audacity to make hundreds of rigngtones and I love it, it's easy and when I'm done, I can copy it straight to my phone's ringtone folder.
    05-04-09 10:35 PM
    For people that want to make ringtones do want I do makeownringtone.com its easy to use and you don't have to install any software all you have to do is upload a song from your pc and you go from there. I email them to myself and download them straight to my phone then just rename it to the name of the song its that easy. I have been using it for 2 years now. I can make some for u guys if u like. Just pm me with the artist and song and i will do it for u no big thing.
    05-04-09 11:31 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD