Ok, i bought a blackberry curve 8330 for verizon (used off of ebay but very good condition) and i have the usb cable. I've downloaded what ever the latest version of desktop manager is for the mac off blackberry.com and my mac is up to date. When i plug the phone via usb into the mac all it does is charge the phone. The usb cable is brand new and i've tried different usb slots. I've reinstalled the desktop manager, restarted the computer (version 10.6.4 on my macbook), pulled the battery and restarted the the phone.

the settings on the media card on my phone are
    media card supportn
    encryption mode: none
    Mass storage mode support: on
    auto enable mass storage mode when connected: yes
    total space: 1.8gb
    free space 1.7gb

I've also tried on my home pc and the same problem occurred even when plugged into diff usb ports, ID PREFER THE RESOLUTION FOR THE MAC THOUGH! please dont give weird abbreviation because i probably wont know what they mean.

I also tried going to about this macbook,contents, hardrive, usb, and there is nothing there about a rim usb bus or anything like that

I think there is some setting or somthing that im missing not that the cord, phone, or mac is broken since they are all new.

thanks for the help!
    11-07-10 10:43 AM
    Is the USB cable an OEM BlackBerry cable?
    11-07-10 10:52 AM
    the phone didnt come with a usb cable so i had to buy a new one off of ebay too, i just typed in blackberry 8330 usb cable

it wont let me post the link in the reply but here is the title for the one i bought for $3.50

"USB Data Cord Cable for Blackberry Curve 8330 Bold 9000"

it fits into the phone perfectly
    11-07-10 11:01 AM
    im pretty sure from the photos i see on google of OEM cables that it is that
    11-07-10 11:02 AM
    the phone didnt come with a usb cable so i had to buy a new one off of ebay too, i just typed in blackberry 8330 usb cable

it wont let me post the link in the reply but here is the title for the one i bought for $3.50

"USB Data Cord Cable for Blackberry Curve 8330 Bold 9000"

it fits into the phone perfectly
    Without seeing the cable, I cannot tell if it is a genuine OEM BlackBerry data cable. You could have gotten a fake cable that only charges. If you visit a VZW store, you can buy a genuine BlackBerry data cable.
    11-07-10 11:04 AM
    im pretty sure from the photos i see on google of OEM cables that it is that
    There are lots of fake items on eBay that the sellers pass off as real. You might have been ripped off.
    11-07-10 11:05 AM
    on the description on ebay it says it is compatable with
    "-Brand New Genuine OEM Blackberry Mini USB Data Sync Cable
    -While cable is OEM Blackberry - Also works with Blackberry, HTC, Motorola and other Mini USB Compatible phones."

theres a list that says its compatable with like 100 different phones
    11-07-10 11:07 AM
    on the description on ebay it says it is compatable with
    "-Brand New Genuine OEM Blackberry Mini USB Data Sync Cable
    -While cable is OEM Blackberry - Also works with Blackberry, HTC, Motorola and other Mini USB Compatible phones."

theres a list that says its compatable with like 100 different phones
    The rule for eBay is "buyer beware". Just because the seller tells you that's what it is does not guarantee he is telling the truth.
    11-07-10 11:10 AM
    well it also says "A driver may be required for your computer to notice that your phone / device is plugged in using a data cable"

could this be my problem?
    11-07-10 11:14 AM
    well it also says "A driver may be required for your computer to notice that your phone / device is plugged in using a data cable"

could this be my problem?
    When you used the PC, the driver should have been installed as soon as you connected the cable. I am not familiar with Macs, but when you mentioned that all the cable did on the PC was charge I suspected the cable was fake.
    11-07-10 11:20 AM
    well when i plugged it into the pc at the bottom where the time is, a little window showed up saying the installation failed or device not reconized if it helps, this is right when i plugged it in
    11-07-10 11:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD