I've got nothing against wp, it has got a pretty decent ui Imo, but why is it being advertised like its the second coming of the smartphone? Isn't lumia 900 just a larger lumia 800? Is this the only way to sell phones now?
    What do you guys think about this commercial?
    04-08-12 01:22 AM
    excellent. building hype very well and eventually making it spill over to win 8. i dont remember seeing anything like this for bb7 nor am i seeing any promotional material for bb10.

i have this gut feeling that windows will be the one to unseat the iphone. hopefully rim has something better up its sleeves

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-08-12 01:48 AM
    04-08-12 02:08 AM
    That is one sweet phone. Feel like getting one.
    04-08-12 03:49 AM
    When it finally gets totally integrated with WP8 with the PC it certainly will be an ecosystem that could give Apple a run for it's money.

Sent from my old faithful BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    Blkacesvf41 likes this.
    04-08-12 04:13 AM
    I do not see the Lumia or any WP8 phone overtaking the iPhone. At all.
    04-08-12 06:10 AM
    Lumia 900 has a bigger screen, LTE and a front facing camera over the Lumia 800.
    04-08-12 06:19 AM
    I do not see the Lumia or any WP8 phone overtaking the iPhone. At all.

Time will tell. All things change eventually.

04-08-12 06:30 AM
    They're certainly trying to create a buzz around it. Let's face it, it is a nice looking phone. RIM should be taking notes. I've seen a couple of Bold commercials here and there but nothing with their touch screen devices, which is what the masses are attracted to nowadays.
    04-08-12 06:37 AM
    Lumia 900 has a bigger screen, LTE and a front facing camera over the Lumia 800.
    I personally would prefer the 800 over the 900 because it is smaller. I'd like to see more RAM in entire Nokia lineup though. That's the one thing I do love about BlackBerrys, they're the perfect size and they're easy to use with one hand. The FFC while is great is not a deal breaker for me.
    04-08-12 06:49 AM
    Time will tell. All things change eventually.

Of course they do. Nothing stays static forever.

One day Window devices may overtake Apple. But it won't be W8 and it won't be the Lumia 9000.
    04-08-12 06:52 AM
    When it finally gets totally integrated with WP8 with the PC it certainly will be an ecosystem that could give Apple a run for it's money.

I agree. Nokia + WP8 + Microsoft corporation's ecosystem = they'll be a force to be reckoned with.
    04-08-12 06:55 AM
    This video makes me want to check-out the Lumia.

If this phone works well it could be the success they're looking for
    04-08-12 07:13 AM
    I like nokia but the idea of wp8 bumping off the iphone isn't going to happen too many people have had a bad experience with windows. I had windows face last night for a hour trying to do something that would take 5 minutes on linux or os10. No thanks

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    04-08-12 07:21 AM
    If I wasn't stuck on this T-Mobile contract for another year I'd be getting the L900 today.
    04-08-12 07:22 AM
    They might tickle Apples' toes, but I doubt this will get 'em off the throne. Apple has an entire cottage industry built around them now, all the based on their focused line of products.
    Last edited by BergerKing; 04-08-12 at 07:37 AM.
    04-08-12 07:35 AM
    Nice commercial I do like it, but Like RIMs commercial it
    fail to show a reason dump my other phone for it.
    Apple commercials always use an app with that man voice
    which actually works well for them.
    I do like the Lumia 900 a lot and it will sell decent until
    WP8.
    04-08-12 07:58 AM
    I don't know what is so great looking about it but it may be a great phone. It's another rectangle with glass.
    04-08-12 08:07 AM
    I don't know what is so great looking about it but it may be a great phone. It's another rectangle with glass.
    Come on kb! We're BBs lovers I get it, but let's be objective that's a sexy looking phone!
    04-08-12 08:14 AM
    As many phones are these days. And BB is aiming for that market, also. Success is often imitated, and is a definite form of flattery. I get that we love keyboards, but virtual ones are getting better, even if you are tapping that glass.
    04-08-12 08:29 AM
    It isn't that it doesn't have a keyboard or isn't a bb. He knows my bb has no keyboard. I don't know how it looks any different than any other slab phone. Maybe you all see something I don't.
    04-08-12 08:34 AM
    It isn't that it doesn't have a keyboard or isn't a bb. He knows my bb has no keyboard. I don't know how it looks any different than any other slab phone. Maybe you all see something I don't.
    I dunno what's all that different about appearance. It is derivative, for certain. I'm using a 'faceted' Motorola slab phone, corners are rounded angles, and yes, that's an oxymoron.

One place I think they win is in size. It's large enough to view nicely and still be one hand manageable. That's one issue I see that makes a larger form factor less attractive to me. 4.3 is still one- hand operable, yet large enough to enjoy watching something on.
    Last edited by BergerKing; 04-08-12 at 08:51 AM.
    04-08-12 08:46 AM
    I dunno what's all that different about appearance. It is derivative, for certain. I'm using a 'faceted' Motorola slab phone, corners are rounded angles, and yes, that's an oxymoron.

One place I think they win is in size. It's large enough to view nicely and still be one hand manageable. That's one issue I see that makes a larger form factor less attractive to me. 4.3 is still one- hand operable, yet large enough to enjoy watching something on.
    The way I look at it is if am going to watch videos or movies on the go then I'm going with my tablet. Also, a big phone in my pocket just drives me nuts! Again, that's just me.
    04-08-12 09:30 AM
    The way I look at it is if am going to watch videos or movies on the go then I'm going with my tablet. Also, a big phone in my pocket just drives me nuts! Again, that's just me.
    There's no denying a large screen is preferable. But I'm not talking a lot video or movies, just everyday stuff that comes up that you need mobile efficiency for. And for a virtual keyboard, size does make a difference, to be manageable.

I can't see pocket carrying something like the Note or the Streak, but something like my Photon isn't bad at all.
    04-08-12 09:58 AM
    I like nokia but the idea of wp8 bumping off the iphone isn't going to happen too many people have had a bad experience with windows. I had windows face last night for a hour trying to do something that would take 5 minutes on linux or os10. No thanks

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    I really do not think it is possible to compare desktop Windows to Windows Phone at this point. Once Windows 8 is officially released, there will be more similarities. Currently, desktop Windows and Windows Phone are completely different.

What took an hour on Windows that would take 5 minutes on Linux or OS X?

I run Windows 7 Professional 64-bit and openSUSE 12.1 64-bit. Most updates on openSUSE do not require rebooting the PC following the updates, unlike Windows updates which require reboots. However, I have not found anything else that is slower on Windows. I am dual-booting Windows and openSUSE on the same PC.

Are you running an older PC? Most likely the slowness of Windows is due to the hardware. It is also possible that you have too many programs running. Have you run msconfig lately and disabled extraneous programs from running at boot?
    Last edited by lak611; 04-08-12 at 10:16 AM.
    04-08-12 10:11 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD