Hi all,

I am a loyal BlackBerry 10 users on Freedom Mobile and they recently launched their LTE network in Calgary. I have been told that older devices that run on band 4 and some other bands will get their LTE service since previously it was just 66.

I am wondering if any Freedom Mobile users on BlackBerry 10 have been able to get their LTE to work? My network still says Home but on other networks I believe friends show it saying LTE.

Just wondering if anybody has any tips?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    12-06-17 02:21 AM
    I believe Lte will not work on your BlackBerry until Freedom updates their sim cards with a new version. Hopefully a new sim card will be released soon.
    12-06-17 03:41 AM
    I don't think any BB10 device has it working yet,

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...obile-1130922/

If LTE resets on the engineering screen I assume it's an issue Freedom has to fix.
    12-06-17 12:01 PM
    Thanks for the link to the previous thread. Looking at the dates on the thread it's from November. As of December I believe that Freedom Mobile has had the LTE network working on bands 4 in Calagry and area which is where I am located.

Personally for me it's not the biggest deal but I do hope that sooner or later that I will get the LTE speeds on my BlackBerry 10 device. Another reason I really want it to work is that my expected upgrade to a Keyone, doesn't support band 66. Just the regular bands so if I buy a brand new phone in 2017/2018 I want LTE speeds. I understand my hardware is from 2014 but it would be my next phone that I would be adamant needs to have the proper LTE speeds with my carrier.

Thanks to everyone for the assistance though!

Posted via CB10
    12-06-17 02:36 PM