My Storm 2 is slowing down and I have little space left on the actual Blackberry memory. I have a 16 GB memory card on board as well. Can I move some things to the memory card to keep the device running well-and faster?

I have 256MB on the device which has less than 27 MB free.

Any tips on increasing memory space?
    09-11-11 05:07 PM
    What is currently using up the device memory? Mostly programs and apps, or are you currently storing any photos and/or music on the BB memory? If so, you could definitely shift music and pics to the card.
    09-11-11 05:52 PM
    Mostly Apps I think.

How can I check if music/pictures are on my memory card or BB memory?
    09-11-11 05:54 PM
    First Go to Options > Memory > Media Card Support: On

Then go to Camera > BB Menu Button > Options > Store Pictures: "On Media Card"

Also, if Mass Storage Mode Support is on then you can also hook your BB to your computer via USB and see the MicroCard as a "drive" on your laptop so you can see what's on the card. If it's empty then you're not getting much use out of having a 16 GB card in your BB.
    09-11-11 06:00 PM
    I have both of those set right. I just need to figure out if anything is saved to the BB that I don't want there and that can be moved to the memory card.
    09-11-11 06:17 PM
    As for apps, games and software, my understanding is that there's no way to save to and run them from a memory card, so they'll definitely all be on your BB memory and won't be able to be transferred to your card. Might be a good time to purge any apps you don't really want/need any more.

Good luck with the project. And maybe time to upgrade from the S2 to the new Torch on VZW?? Looks like a cool device.
    09-11-11 06:22 PM
    I recently saw an old Storm post with a list of several actions to minimize memory use. I looked today for you but cannot find it. Memory was a bigger problem with the original Storm so I would look at their posts for ideas.
    You are probably already doing battery pulls.
    09-11-11 07:42 PM
    Found It ! Here's a good memory load reducing guide from Adam Zeis - just skip teh steps that don't apply to your phone.
    Go TO: Blackberry Help (next to the "Forums" tab in CB -->
    Getting Started Guides -->
    Setting up the Email on your BlackBerry Smartphone
    Last edited by glassofpinot; 09-12-11 at 12:51 AM.
    09-12-11 12:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD