I struggle with iphone envy. All those apps, great camera, and iphone speakers, docking stations, alarm clocks, etc. People tell me they download movies and plug into their TV or something crazy like that. The idea of having only one thing that does everything is so appealing. However, I spent a conference w/ a friend & her iphone and she was constantly looking for a place to charge it. I also never saw her use it for anything mine could not do. I have heard they don't have push email. How do they get their email? Do they have to log on to web for access? Hit send/receive? I've been faithful to my bb but somedays just wish VZW had iphone. Anyone else?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-10 09:25 PM
    The iPhone gets it with "pull". It receives every 15 minutes to an Hour.

Honestly when is the last time I saw someone plug in their phones to a TV..? Never. Haha.

12-04-10 09:27 PM
    Well they do have push mail it's just not the greatest. Mine tend to alert me 20 minutes after their received and that just pisses me off. I love mine but there are some things that get to me with it too. You just can't win D: I noticed the apps are way cheaper and there's just more variety. I know they're repetitive sometimes but it's nice being able to pick from 100 different dictionaries or calculators, 20 different IM apps.. you get the idea. I used to have iPhone envy then it turned into BB envy. Now I'm stuggling to decide.
    12-04-10 09:31 PM
    I have had the original iPhone, iPhone 3GS, and the iPhone 4. I have always come back to my BlackBerry. The iPhone 4 has a sweet battery. I could easily make it through a full day with no problem. GMail and a few other pop emails can push. Push email does take a ton of battery though. That's why I prefer a BlackBerry. It can push all emails natively. I was finding I was constantly downloading apps on my iPhone to make it perform like a BlackBerry. But it comes down to personal preference.

If you want a media centered device with tons of apps and games...the iPhone is perfect for you. If you need a phone and e-mail/communication device...BlackBerry is the type of phones for you.

12-04-10 09:40 PM
    Stick with the Blackberry. My Tour is really acting up and VZW is sending me a new one today. This is my 2nd replacement in 6 months! I'm really having a hard time with the Tour not having wifi capabilities. Sucks bad!

12-04-10 09:42 PM
    I struggle with iphone envy. All those apps, great camera, and iphone speakers, docking stations, alarm clocks, etc. People tell me they download movies and plug into their TV or something crazy like that. The idea of having only one thing that does everything is so appealing. However, I spent a conference w/ a friend & her iphone and she was constantly looking for a place to charge it. I also never saw her use it for anything mine could not do. I have heard they don't have push email. How do they get their email? Do they have to log on to web for access? Hit send/receive? I've been faithful to my bb but somedays just wish VZW had iphone. Anyone else?

I feel ya, I want the Iphone too, I luv BB, I an avid user of 6+ yrs but I am getting really bored with it. It doesn't do nearly as much as the iphone or the new androids..makes me feel like I'm missing out seriously and also like I'm not getting enough bang for my buck, in terms of how much bbs cost and how much my mobile plan costs, I think RIM needs to step it up, its not enough anymore that they are more secure, why can't we have the best of both worlds, great phone security and top notch memory capacity and apps for BB relative to what the iphone and Androids have, makes me wonder

12-04-10 10:23 PM
    Won't help Tour users but maybe when they come out with the Playbook they'll also include the ability to form an ad hoc wifi network. The advantage to that would be folks could get an ipod touch and have a BB while still having all the other features the other product offers...
    12-04-10 10:27 PM
    The iPhone gets it with "pull". It receives every 15 minutes to an Hour.

Honestly when is the last time I saw someone plug in their phones to a TV..? Never. Haha.

You sir are misinformed. You can get push email on the iPhone....you can set it to poll or push your accounts....
    12-05-10 12:12 AM
    I feel ya, I want the Iphone too, I luv BB, I an avid user of 6+ yrs but I am getting really bored with it. It doesn't do nearly as much as the iphone or the new androids..makes me feel like I'm missing out seriously and also like I'm not getting enough bang for my buck, in terms of how much bbs cost and how much my mobile plan costs, I think RIM needs to step it up, its not enough anymore that they are more secure, why can't we have the best of both worlds, great phone security and top notch memory capacity and apps for BB relative to what the iphone and Androids have, makes me wonder

The main reason I dropped my BB..I felt like I was paying 30 bucks for email...hopefully R.I.M can win me over with a device next year. If not I'll stick with the iPhone or I'll switch to android....
    lssanjose likes this.
    12-05-10 12:15 AM
    Stick with the Blackberry. My Tour is really acting up and VZW is sending me a new one today. This is my 2nd replacement in 6 months! I'm really having a hard time with the Tour not having wifi capabilities. Sucks bad!

try the 9650 when you're up for an upgrade with verizon. I'm waiting for my upgrade as well, but I've had alot of time to check them out and they are great! cant wait to get my hands on my own!!
    12-06-10 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD