It seems to be more responsive then the voice dialers on other phones I've had.

Comes in quite handy when I'm in traffic and can't take the time to search for someone's name or number.

I do use it occasionally.
    05-29-08 05:35 AM
    So far I like it. You can adjust the sensitivity on it, but I havent had any problems with my curve. I need to use it more than I do. I have a bad habit of looking up contacts while driving. Have yet to try it with bluetooth.
    06-01-08 12:38 PM
    If you only have 4 or 5 names in your contact list it probably works fine. But if you have more than that it's a big headache. Deleted it
    06-01-08 05:21 PM
    Cannot use it, it never gets the name right. I had a Motorola W490 prior to becoming an addict and the voice dialing on that was far superior to the Pearl's. Its getting deleted!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-08 05:40 PM
    I only use it in the car with my bluetooth. It is usually accurate unless I don't speak clearly. I also found it works much better when you use both first and last names for your contacts. Wouldn't be without it in the car.
    I agree with it being accurate when using both first and last names. The only time i have any trouble with name recognition is when i use any type of slang as a contact name. Overall it works for me.
    06-01-08 05:47 PM
    lol hangaright, mine is EXACTLY THE SAME!!! UGGH SO frustrating. I see other curve users love it. Seems like all BBs were not created equally lol
    06-01-08 05:47 PM
    it works great for me i have been using voice dialing for years.
    06-01-08 06:00 PM
    I never used it.I can do it quick through the address book.
    06-01-08 06:59 PM
    It confuses between similar sounding names and then its annoying to keep saying NO NO NO until the fourth and correct name comes up...by then I can easily dial w/o the voice command and probably start the conversation already. But I dont hate it...could be useful once in a while although I havent truly needed it even once as yet...maybe next time I'm driving...!
    06-01-08 07:09 PM
    Have an 8830 and love voice dialing. Use it all the time when am driving. It very rarely gets the name and number combination wrong.
    06-01-08 07:54 PM
    I Used To Hate It And Decided To Never Use It On My Old 8830, But Now That I Have The Curve I Feel That Is Much Better And I Use It All The Time With My Bluetooth.
    06-01-08 10:19 PM
    I haven't ever used it....but on the past phones I have had...I hated it! They never seem to understand what I'm trying to say.

06-01-08 11:01 PM
    lol hangaright, mine is EXACTLY THE SAME!!! UGGH SO frustrating. I see other curve users love it. Seems like all BBs were not created equally lol
    I can't rule out my own tendency to mumble. I've got it under control now, though. I take Curve out of the holster, and after I give the command, I look at the screen to see if the contact I want is at least in the 3 choices. If it is, I quickly scroll to it and push the trackball. How's that for technology in action!
    06-01-08 11:37 PM
    I really have no use for it but I guess it is kind of cool to have if you want check your battery, etc., when you're driving and using your BT.
    06-02-08 04:00 AM
    Hardly ever use it. however, should I need the use of it, then it's there as a proven method of using my phone hands free. :-)

06-02-08 04:52 AM
    have brand new curve... sync'd with MS Outlook, I have 500 contacts... voice command doesn't work AT ALL... I speak slowly etc. Corporate store mgr couldn't get to work either... gave me new phone... it doesn't work... so anyone with any clues? I bought primarily for this feature... so I don't have to look down to dial when in car ( alot)...
    06-02-08 07:17 PM
    I gave it a shot. Its not bad but I can live without it...
    06-02-08 07:41 PM
    Right now I'm hating it. I posted this in another thread, but every so often the voice dial will start initializing on its own and usually in the middle of the night. So when I get up in the morning, I'll see the "...initializing..." and the battery is drained! Don't know if it's the device or what. I'll have to give tech support a call.
    06-04-08 10:03 PM
    It's the one thing on this phone that I hate. My cheap KRAZR had a much more advanced voice dialing feature- in that it actually recognized what you were saying and called the right number.

About all I can get the Berry voice dialing to recognize is "Status".

Does anyone know if there is an alternate applet that can be installed to do this? The software the factory loaded is junk.
    06-05-08 01:11 AM
    I spent four hours on the phone with BB Tech Support...they had me email my address book, I use MS Outlook, I have 4600 contacts... only 2 MB file, they say the number of entries should not be a problem... yet it still doesn't work. I don't have any other extraneous applications loaded... so dont think its a memory issue... but it just doesnt work... I'm beginning to think going back to simply a phone is the solution... like the KRAZR which Consumer Reports rates high. The keys are so small it's hard to enter phones numbers while driving... that's why I wanted voice commands...Oh well, technolology doesn't seem to be there yet.
    06-05-08 11:13 AM
    I love it. Have no problems with it.
    06-05-08 08:25 PM
    Okay, at the risk of sounding like an *****, I thought my voice dialing was totally broken too.. And then I realized you have to say "Call [name]"

haha, it was a stupid mistake, but i hope this helps someone..
    06-05-08 08:34 PM
    I have many four letter words to describe it.
    06-06-08 12:59 AM
    just curious, how many contacts do you have? I have a bunch, 4600 and wonder if that's too many, although tech support says its based on file size, which is 2 MB... no big deal, but doesn't work, period.
    06-06-08 07:58 PM
    i just got mine and only had 22 contacts
    and couldn't use it
    06-06-08 08:03 PM
121 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD