Hi All,

I recently joined a new company, and there are two things I'm having issues with:

1) NO BES at all

2) Lotus Notes

Is there anyway to get mail to my blackberry without BES? I'd also like to sync my calendar/tasks/etc. as well, but I'm not sure how to do this Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    08-06-09 12:40 AM
    For getting mails on Blackberry use BIS data plan. It doesn't requires any BES server.. All you need is POP3 or IMAP or OWA access in your mail box which you can get from your IT person. For calendar and task you will have to use Desktop Manager (no OTA sync)....
    08-06-09 01:21 AM
    Ok I'll give it a shot, but is it actually going to sync the email? I.e. mark it read if I read it on my device, etc?
    08-06-09 07:47 PM
    You can connect to your Lotus Notes via pop3 or imap, if your IT dept is prepared to open it to the internet, but it won't give you calendar or contact sync. Pop3 also won't do a proper email, ie won't set the read flags on emails etc. Imap should do a proper sync. For calendar and contact sync you can try Companionlink for Google which will sync your Notes calendar and contacts with your Google account. Then use google sync to sync between Google and your blackberry. That's about it for Notes and Blackberry without BES I think. Seven push email has good support for Lotus Notes, with email, calendar, tasks and contact sync over the air. And it is free. Sign up for their beta program. Install a desktop connector software on your pc, client software on your phone and you are set. Works very well and has good support via their forums. But unfortunately they don't have a client for Blackberry. They have clients for Windows Mobile, Symbian (including the new Nokia N97), Palm (not Palm Pre) and even Android. So if you are ready to go for a new handset, check them out.
    08-10-09 03:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD