i just watched the NHL winter classic on cbc.ca web streaming and i saw the BB Bold ad a lot. RIM is spending to make 2012 better. it good to see as i sit here typing on my playbook i know more people would own and like them if the tech blogs would stuff there fan boy opinions up there collective arse holes.

anyway good to see rim ads on new years and again during this very high profile game. cool.
    01-02-12 05:12 PM
    Still not pushing the 9850 Torch? Big mistake if they don't, the Torch is their best chance to regain American users.
    01-02-12 05:31 PM
    Yeah, now if only advertising at NHL and NBA events would result in the NHL GameCenter and NBA Game Time apps actually being available for BlackBerry, then I think we'd be getting somewhere.
    01-02-12 06:06 PM
    Yeah, now if only advertising at NHL and NBA events would result in the NHL GameCenter and NBA Game Time apps actually being available for BlackBerry, then I think we'd be getting somewhere.
    +1 I would love a gamecenter app
    01-02-12 08:38 PM
    Yep hopefully they can add some sports related apps... its really sad to see all these apps that I cant use because I have a blackberry. I love my phone but it sucks...
    01-02-12 08:47 PM
    They've always advertised on Hockey (probably because Jim is so into it) but they need to step up to some NFL Playoff football. Way more ratings. Oh and possibly a Super Bowl ad for OS2?!?
    JR A and CanadianThomas like this.
    01-02-12 09:05 PM
    Interestingly you COULD get gamecenter live on BB last season on Verizon here and Bell in Canada, but this season they are only supporting Android, iOS and set top boxes (roku, google tv etc). You have to get the full gamecenter web package and it includes mobile streaming. I am probably going to do it so I can get it on my roku, they just went to the first discount of the season 119 down from 169. It will go down 1 or two more times also as the season moves along.

Being that it is flash, gamecenter website SHOULD work on my PB also, but my main concern is the roku and my 37 inch TV.
    01-02-12 09:29 PM
    NHL, NBA, NYE... Next should be NFL, especially the Super Bowl.
    CanadianThomas likes this.
    01-02-12 10:58 PM
    I do as well think it should be another model, the 9900 is amazing to us BB fans but to the average user it looks a bit dated. Everyone wants a full touch phone these days so I must agree the torch slider and full screen touch models would have been better value for the advertising dollar. BUT, it makes sense in a brand advertising way. Rally the groups, get us fans talking to our peers more. Apple did this all the time durning their resurgence when Jobs came back to the company. It works, if the army of the faithful do their/our part. I think. But if it was me, id go both ways. Commercial time for us to feel good and commercial time to attract switchers cause in this day and age, we all switch from something.
    01-02-12 11:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD