Long story short I managed to break the micro card in half talking apart my bold today . Just wondering how you all back up your info from your cards? I had to years of info on that card!
    09-23-10 08:47 PM
    I periodically copy the contents of the card to my PC, just like I do with the cards for my Canon camera, etc. You would be in the same situation if someone had stolen your device instead of the card breaking.

How badly did it break?
    09-23-10 08:51 PM
    I do exactly as the_sandman does. I do this weekly. Additionally, I have a spare
    memory card with my last 2 OS's, DM, and my last 3 backups taped to the inside
    of my battery cover.
    09-23-10 08:55 PM
    I periodically copy the contents of the card to my PC, just like I do with the cards for my Canon camera, etc. You would be in the same situation if someone had stolen your device instead of the card breaking.

How badly did it break?
    Ha well picture taking apart the phone and forgetting to take the card out! It is now in two pieces. Tried geting info but didn't work. I had most my pics backed up and two thirds my ringtones on my computer but when I put the ringtones on a new card the phone didn't recognize them as ringtones? Thought maybe there was another way. Maybe I should buy another card!
    09-23-10 08:59 PM
    So when you guys back it up you just back up all the folders? It's weird when I moved all the folders onto a new card and put it in the phone it wasn't the same?
    09-23-10 09:18 PM
    I use Windows' Explorer. I find the card (or I do use a separate card reader sometimes for speed) and then I use Ctrl-A to highlight/select all and then drag and drop that to a folder (called 8-gig) on my computer. I highlight all since I have a few straggling files in the root folder so that selects all folders and those oddball files.

If you copy the files/folders back, I just reverse the process - make sure you are not in some subfolder on the card. The folders for native type stuff are generally located in BLACKBERRY top folder on the card. But this seems to vary as I see folks mentioning a MediaCard - it depends on how your computer deals with the sdcard in the BB. Some show it as just another hard-drive and some show it as the device. Below, MyComputer showing the L drive is the BB. Then opening my L drive, I've got a number of other folders but the BLACKBERRY one is the 3rd showing and it contains the folders in the 3rd pic.
    09-24-10 10:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD