Hello,

I've recently lost all my outlook contacts somehow and they were upto date with my BB through routinely synching the two. Since I've lost my outlook contacts I've been unable to restore them with my BB. When I run the blackberry destop manager it runs like all my contacts are still in my outlook and only updates the new additions. Meanwhile I don't have any contacts left in my outlook. Before I finally give up and manually enter them all in again from my BB device. I was wondering if there's anything that I could do instead. I've already tried removing and reinstalling both the BB Manager and the Outlook. I have a feeling that I need to remove a certain data file but I dont' know where to look. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.
    01-10-08 04:04 PM
    You should have a back-up listed in "My Documents" unless you just synced the two and never backed it up. It should read "Backup and the date with an .ipd extension.
    01-10-08 09:45 PM
    instead of selecting syncronize, select import when configuring your sync on the desktop manager.

(Yes, there is a certain file on your hard drive that you can delete so your outlook is completely reset, how I can't find it right now)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-08 05:59 AM
    Hey Guys,

Thanks for getting back to me. I have a bunch of .ipd files saved but I can't open them with my Outlook. I can't seem to find where to select import when sychronizing on BDM. The only option I could find was for the handheld only. It seems my handheld is backup well, now if I could only do the same for my desktop. Any other suggestions or instructions would be much appreciated. Skills are limited!
    01-11-08 09:03 PM
    I have this same problem. All my contacts are on my BB, but disappeared from Outlook 2003.
    04-17-10 09:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD