I may be posting in the wrong section but as it's my first post, please be patient. I've lost my SD card and would like to know if I can recover the things I had on it, from a backup made on BlackBerry Desktop Software?
    12-15-10 01:43 PM
    Not from DM only if you backed up the card as in copy/paste folder.
    12-15-10 01:47 PM
    Desktop Manager cannot backup the contents of your SD card. A good practice, in the future I suppose, would be to regularly copy the contents of your SD to a flash or hard drive somewhere... just in case. You could use something like Allway sync to help automate and simplify the process.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    12-15-10 01:50 PM
    You would think that DM would back up the SD card, but unforunately it does not. The card must be backed up manually.
    12-15-10 01:59 PM
    This is why I have always suggested backing up the memory card to another
    device (PC, removable drive) as a matter of course when backing up the device.
    12-15-10 02:32 PM
    It is rather unfortunate, but as they said, it doesn't back that up. That's another place RIM could improve the user experience, include options to back up any media stored on the internal memory, the SD card, and even 3rd party apps in the automated backup process. Keep it optional incase people don't want it but it should definitely be available as a choice.
    12-15-10 03:07 PM
    Aw okay, .
    Thank you though.
    12-15-10 03:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD