Well it might not be really lost but I sure can't find it. Has to be around somewhere. I had it yesterday. I did go out today but I'm not sure it was safely in my purse. I hope some mall rats didn't find it. I spent time calling it to see if I could hear it ringing in the house or in the garage.. But no luck.. I called ATT and had service suspended.. Now that was a smart move.. Now I can't even call it anymore... I then contacted ATT to see about a replacement.. All I have to do is pony up $400 for a new one.. Rats....I had a one month old 8310.. Should I look into any of the other models?? Maybe one with better features.. Or does it really matter... It has only been gone 6 hours and I miss it already.
    Last edited by Sandy92058; 07-21-08 at 10:14 PM.
    07-21-08 10:02 PM
    WoW! That sucks!
    07-21-08 10:09 PM
    Yikes! You should start thinking ebay, amazon, or craigs list if you want another curve that's cheaper than $400. Sorry for the loss.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-08 10:16 PM
    Sorry that happened to you. I know you wouldnt want to retrace your steps in the mall, but have you gone all over your house and being a female...did you empty your purse completely?
    07-21-08 10:19 PM
    I may have found it, depending on how much you wanna pay to get it back.
    07-21-08 10:19 PM
    Way to be an a$$
    07-21-08 10:20 PM
    lmao! I was thinking about posting the same thing; but figured she's got to be going crazy right now wondering where it's at.
    07-21-08 10:21 PM
    Yea... I almost ripped the lining out of the purse.. Not there, not anywhere. Can I buy one on ebay and then get another sim card??
    07-21-08 10:23 PM
    Send it to me and I will let you know if it is mine...
    07-21-08 10:24 PM
    Yes you can. Do a search on eBay for AT&T Curve. Get a general feeling of how much they're going for and only look for power sellers with great ratings/feedback so that you dont get kicked in the rear.

Let us know how you make out. BTW, did you have insurance?
    07-21-08 10:27 PM
    Insurance??? Of course not.. Who would be stupid enough to lose an expensive phone like that??? Sometimes I hate being blonde..
    07-21-08 10:29 PM
    Send it to me and I will let you know if it is mine...
    Hehe, to be serious, sucks to hear you lost it. Have you looked inside your car, maybe you dropped it there. Hopefully everything comes out positive for you.
    07-21-08 10:31 PM
    Sorry about your loss. I hope you find it.

07-21-08 10:32 PM
    Hehe, to be serious, sucks to hear you lost it. Have you looked inside your car, maybe you dropped it there. Hopefully everything comes out positive for you.

Great idea! Definitely check your car. Phones have been known to slide between the seats or under it.
    07-21-08 10:33 PM
    Looked on Ebay... I could save some money... Some advertise as "unlocked" . What is that???
    07-21-08 10:35 PM
    Unlocked means you can use it for any network company.
    07-21-08 10:40 PM
    Boo hoo :-( I hope u find it.

07-21-08 10:56 PM
    good luck with dealing with ebay and buying a BB from them. I have read that people experiences with phones from ebay have not been so good just make sure your seller is a reliable source and make sure they dont trick you into paying more read close

goodluck :/
    Jared
    07-21-08 11:03 PM
    I've bought 2 BB's off eBay. All U have to do is read the descriptions carefully; know what Ur buying.

07-21-08 11:11 PM
    I have insurance, but if I didn't, here is the crazy plan that would come up with.

AT&T does not require you to have a data plan on a Blackberry. I know this because my brother was given a Pearl as a gift from his girlfriend and he is too cheap to pay for anything more than a regular phone so he cancelled the data plan.

So, if I lost my AT&T Curve and had no insurance I would add a line (a Curve) to my account for $9.99 per month and get the Curve for the discounted price. I'd cancel the data plan on the lost Curve. This time I'd be SURE to get insurance on the new Curve. Then, I'd enjoy my new Curve while waiting for the contract to expire on my lost Curve. I'd cancel the lost Curve line and then go back to an account with a single line.

Does that make any sense?
    07-21-08 11:22 PM
    I would go crazy if I lost my BB! It's my lifeline to the outside world I would definitely do what everyone else is suggesting and check out eBay, Craigslist, etc. Good luck - I hope you find a cheap replacement!!!!
    07-21-08 11:25 PM
    I have insurance, but if I didn't, here is the crazy plan that would come up with.

AT&T does not require you to have a data plan on a Blackberry. I know this because my brother was given a Pearl as a gift from his girlfriend and he is too cheap to pay for anything more than a regular phone so he cancelled the data plan.

So, if I lost my AT&T Curve and had no insurance I would add a line (a Curve) to my account for $9.99 per month and get the Curve for the discounted price. I'd cancel the data plan on the lost Curve. This time I'd be SURE to get insurance on the new Curve. Then, I'd enjoy my new Curve while waiting for the contract to expire on my lost Curve. I'd cancel the lost Curve line and then go back to an account with a single line.

Does that make any sense?
    Once I figured it out... Boy you are a sneaky one... Alas I am one month into a two year contract.. But if I can number crunch I will find out if your plan will work..
    I like the way you think...
    07-21-08 11:27 PM
    Once I figured it out... Boy you are a sneaky one... Alas I am one month into a two year contract.. But if I can number crunch I will find out if your plan will work..
    I like the way you think...
    Lol. Yes, I am a devious one when it comes to Blackberrys.
    07-21-08 11:36 PM
    All joking aside that sucks to lose an expensive device. Had an ipod stolen out of my hotel room by cleaning staff so I know the feeling. Anyway, yes getting a cheap "unlocked" phone would be a great cheaper way to replace your lost device also I know that AT@T has refubs for cheap... Better the 400 big ones
    07-21-08 11:44 PM
    good luck with dealing with ebay and buying a BB from them. I have read that people experiences with phones from ebay have not been so good just make sure your seller is a reliable source and make sure they dont trick you into paying more read close

goodluck :/
    Jared

I bought my Curve on Ebay and it was the smoothest transaction I ever did.
    07-21-08 11:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD