Now, I dont know if they are giving me a new pin and whatnot, but im waiting on DHL to send me another one on the 19th. Kind of hurt my feelings to find out that I'd be without it for a couple days. Then it dawned on me... ALL my stuff is gone. Including my 8gb memory card.. which has a LOT of dirt in it.

But beside that.. I had a hefty amount of friends on my bb messenger, how can I get them back?

Secondly, when Asurion (the company Verizon is sending them through I guess) sends my new phone, will it be ready to go, or do I have to sync all of my contacts and all again?

What measures should I take to make sure that my blackberry replacement is what I need it to be?

Thanks.
    08-18-08 12:29 AM
    Sorry to hear about your loss. Unfortunately your 8 gigs is gone. As for what was on your device memory, if you ever backed up your BB you'll get that stuff back. Otherwise you'll have to start from scratch.
    08-18-08 12:34 AM
    I too had my phone replaced by asurion... sadly I fell like it's a aftermarket phone... WIFI logo no longer printed on the top like my original phone... the battery is slightly different too... any-hoo works the same... the phone will be ready to go, you will however have to sync any contacts you lost and re- activate the new phone... does not come in OEM box nor does it come with accessories or manuals!
    08-18-08 12:41 AM
    And yes you will have a new PIN. Those are tied to the
    phone and not the account. Hopefully you had a password
    lock on the phone.

At the very least, have your carrier look up your old PIN
    and ESN or MEID and see if they can completely disable that BB forever.

Good luck
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 08-18-08 at 12:52 AM.
    08-18-08 12:42 AM
    Sorry to hear about your loss dude. Do you care to tell us how you lost your BB?
    08-18-08 12:48 AM
    damn man i feel your pain im so sorry
    atleast your gettin another and you will be back and runnin
    08-18-08 01:17 AM
    Wow! I'm sorry you lost your phone but even sorrier to hear that all your dirt is somewhere out there!! I hope you backed everything up so you can easily sync eveything back onto the new when it comes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-08 01:48 AM
    Did you make a claim with Asurion for the SD card also? They will replace that as well.

08-18-08 01:50 AM
    Man... the way i lost the phone was the worse. And it happened in a matter of minutes. Starting out, me and my father are in route to a car auction to get em a replacement car. So I hop out of the car so we could pick his fiance' up, and I get into the backseat. granted, the blackberry was in my lap the entire time. So if fell in between going from the front to backseat of the van.

So we're in route to the auction (10,15 minutes later), and something told me "look down, check your messages", but hands were empty. When i say I checked the WHOLE van, thatss exactly what i did. retraced my steps, the whole shebangabang. After failing to find it, I call Verizon... mistake from jump street. Granted, im pissed off, and customer service is acting dumb.

"speak or press 1 to do this
    speak or press 2 to do this"
    Like I was caught in the matrix. So after putting in a social security amount of numbers to get to an agent... The lady speaks ZERO anglish. (Thats how she would have said it verbatim). and Verizon has a habit of hanging up after acting like they cant hear you..(liars)

Had to repeat EVERYTHING twice, just for her to cancel service on the phone. THEN, had to talk and repeat the process with Ascurion.

-Had to go to Amazon, buy a WHOLE new 8gb memory card.
    -Have to buy Jivetalk ALL over again (because i didnt get the one you could transfer to other devices).
    -Themes...gone
    -Personal things on SD card... gone.

HOPEFULLY (pray on this) that the camera I have is like it SHOULD be. Because my Original 8330 was taking some HORRIDLY dark images.
    08-18-08 02:39 AM
    Did you make a claim with Asurion for the SD card also? They will replace that as well.

I didnt even know that, I just said damn that, went and bought a new one. I didnt want to depend on them then they send me a 128gb sd card, when I originally had 8.
    08-18-08 02:39 AM
    Sorry to hear/read about your lost

08-18-08 05:41 AM
    Damn that sucks. I ****ing hate losing my contacts.

08-18-08 06:10 AM
    Sorry about your loss. My thoughts are with you.
    08-18-08 08:33 AM
    Lol thanks. Hopefully it will be okay. I'm already stressed at work enough. Come in here to complaints. Usually I can go walk out of the office, blackberry in hand, and communicate...

Cant do that.
    08-18-08 08:58 AM
    oh so sorry to hear that! after someone tried to rob me the first time for my curve, I keep a password lock on her. Too bad now, in my relationship, not only is the bb addiction causing jealousy, so is the lock lmao. but anyway, I had to perform a restore, so I hope you did a backup
    08-18-08 09:25 AM
    Oh trust, my password lock was on. As much as it annoys me to keep having to type it in, I keep mine on. But I basically geared my blackberry up. Swear it couldve easily won Best Dressed in a contest off CB. (we should have that contest by the way... Best Dressed Blackberry.. Mods..look into it).

But i mean.. memory card, phone, battery, contacts (even though backed up), paid for themes and applications, my life... GONE.

Feel like an unfit mother after losing her kid.
    08-18-08 09:31 AM
    Oh.... and most importantly... My case & Privacy Screen. Now I have to re-up all over again.
    08-18-08 09:34 AM
    lolol sorry to laugh, but I felt the same way after that incident, I got my berry back but she was scratched horribly on the side. I bought another and gave that one to my best friend though and replaced the housing.

And yes I know wht you mean, I have every single skin color that I could find, my berry is always on point.

I happy you had your lock on, so it can just wipe itself, whomever filthy hands it fell into. Some of the themes and apps you paid for, maybe you can email the creator your reciept, explain what happened they might resend, Bplay did that for me. They will need your new pin, but its worth a shot to try and email them when your new berry comes.
    08-18-08 09:35 AM
    yep, now I just ordered an extra trackball, BSE, when I ordered my pink housing a few weeks ago. So now I have extras on hand becuase you never know what can happen.
    08-18-08 09:37 AM
    Oh man. Me and my mate (the blackberry) have gone through some hard times together. Seems like only yesterday when I was massaging her upper stomach (trackball), she refused to go up and down.

But im definetely going to have to email them.

Also, do I have to get a new email and whatnot? I have an idea of what im going to make my @vzw.blackberry.net name,

But I enjoyed my old one...
    08-18-08 09:44 AM
    Oh trust, my password lock was on. As much as it annoys me to keep having to type it in, I keep mine on. But I basically geared my blackberry up. Swear it couldve easily won Best Dressed in a contest off CB. (we should have that contest by the way... Best Dressed Blackberry.. Mods..look into it).

But i mean.. memory card, phone, battery, contacts (even though backed up), paid for themes and applications, my life... GONE.

Feel like an unfit mother after losing her kid.
    Ah geez man...i'm sorry to hear about your loss.
    One of the things I like to do is use the built in encryption and that handy FILELOCK program together to keep the data on my 8gb SDcard from falling into the wrong hands should my Berry ever leave my sight for more than 1 minute.

Good luck with replacing all your gear. They really should have the option to insert a small explosive charge or hydrochloric acid capsule into the device to destroy the data areas of them.

Maybe that's something I'll work on...
    The HCL/Muriatic acid would be easier to come by than the C4...plus the C4 would have to be highly shielded from any electrical discharges outside or inside the berry....

Bah...I'm rambling again...plus that's probably not discussion for this board...

Dm
    08-18-08 09:47 AM
    lls. Reminded me of Mission Impossible.
    "This message will distruct in 5...4.."

lmao its not a problem. When I get my new bb, i'll pin request you, we'll rap a taste.

But that Filelock program, how does it work again? I might need that
    08-18-08 09:52 AM
    I had to get a new berry email for my boss when she lost hers, so I think you do for the personal berry email. and lmao at massaging your berry's belly!
    08-18-08 09:57 AM
    lol @ purpleberry..

She liked it. She was sensitive to the touch. But when she didnt want any action, she'd roll over and stop trying to funtion correctly (trackball again for the gutter minds).

I miss that thing. Feeling out of place. Woke up this morning an hour EARLY, anticipating my alarm clock on the phone to go off.

Sitting on the metro in route to work... Ipod died, no blackberry. Sad times. Cant wait until Tuesday when DHL comes
    08-18-08 10:00 AM
    lls. Reminded me of Mission Impossible.
    "This message will distruct in 5...4.."

lmao its not a problem. When I get my new bb, i'll pin request you, we'll rap a taste.

But that Filelock program, how does it work again? I might need that
    the way that the Filelock program works is that it adds a .lck extension to every file inside the folder your specify on the blackberry for it to lock. Like, if you start the program it asks you for your personal password first. Then after you enter that in properly, it shows you a file explorer window for you to choose the directories or files you want to lock. You can choose a whole folder like "Evidence" and such or pick individual files (they can be anything, pics, videos, documents, music, etc...) and lock them.
    What I do is put all my sensitive data in one folder and then just lock the outside folder and everything inside that folder is given the lockdown.

You can use the built in encryption in your berry to protect the data even further. It will make your berry just a tad slower due to the conversion-on-the-fly but it's secure.

If you need a copy of the Filelock program let me know. I've been recommending it to everyone on here that carries sensitive data on their berries.

Dm
    08-18-08 10:01 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD