calling it goes straight to voicemail...

sigh i guess the batteries are dead..
    12-01-08 12:05 AM
    That is terrible my uncle found a blackberry pearl at his work he turned it in and asked back after a week and lost and found let him keep it since no one had claimed it. I know you wish an honest person would of found yours, but this world ain't honest anymore. Too bad about your pictures and stuff. The pearl my uncle found he ain't even turning on the data he just thought it was a nice looking phone and since noone claimed it he using it. He called me telling me about it a few hours ago he needs me to teach him how to use it. Lol he gonna have to visit the hospital to learn.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-08 12:42 AM
    That is terrible my uncle found a blackberry pearl at his work he turned it in and asked back after a week and lost and found let him keep it since no one had claimed it. I know you wish an honest person would of found yours, but this world ain't honest anymore. Too bad about your pictures and stuff. The pearl my uncle found he ain't even turning on the data he just thought it was a nice looking phone and since noone claimed it he using it. He called me telling me about it a few hours ago he needs me to teach him how to use it. Lol he gonna have to visit the hospital to learn.
    Your uncle could have taken it in to the store of the carrier that the phone is
    branded to and asked them to find the rightful owner. As a matter of fact, he
    still can and if he had any decency would. Amazing that in one breath you
    mention honest people but go on to say your uncle is keeping something that
    clearly does not belong to him, and there are easy ways to do the right thing.

I have found 2 BlackBerries and did exactly that and each time the original
    owner got their phone back.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 12-01-08 at 01:33 AM.
    12-01-08 01:30 AM
    wow@ this whole thing and all of the responses.
    12-01-08 02:32 AM
    You would think someone would check their work if they lost a phone. It was either a fellow employee or one of the hundred truck drivers. If it was a driver the phone could be from anywhere in the USA. Atleast he turned it into lost and found for a week I didn't even know about takin it to the carrier. I would figure they would just referb it and make more money.I will tell mY uncle when he calls. He is a honest man.

12-01-08 10:00 AM
    STRANGE NEW DEVELOPMENT: My roommate said my number called him this afternoon, but no one answered when he called back!

I forwarded all calls from my number to another one I'm using atm but I'm gonna try calling myself again in the morning. (I've since unforwarded calls)

Wish me luck guys!
    Last edited by mettleh3d; 12-02-08 at 02:55 AM.
    12-02-08 02:52 AM
    get that IMEI turned off/blocked...they can do this easily..takes 2 minutes...it will never be activated again and they can send a message to it saying where to return it too...if they do is up to them but worth a shot...

check on-line and see what other calls have been made...then call those number maybe and find out who has it?
    12-02-08 02:56 AM
    get IMEI blocked? I'd wanna try to locate and contact the finder right?

I've been calling tmob every day asking if theyve seen activity with both the IMEI and the number itself.

They said no activity with making calls, just forwarded calls to my current number.
    12-02-08 03:07 AM
    Check out Moostrax.com for your next BB.
    12-02-08 05:49 AM
    From what I've heard PIN cannot be traced. So maybe don't get your hopes up with PIN. But I could be wrong. I don't really know how PIN works lol

Yes PIN's can be traced. PIN's are unique to each BB device (just like the IMEI is) and cannot be changed, where as phone numbers and owner info can.
    The carrier may not have this capability (although they should) but RIM does.
    12-02-08 06:12 AM
    Sigh...no luck guys.

I guess it's gone.
    12-03-08 04:34 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD