just paid 100 for a replacement blackberry from sprint and it hasnt even been a week yet and i lost the replacement. does anyone know if i will be able to get a new one no charge? or would i have to pay the insurance 100 again?
    11-20-09 12:09 PM
    you lost your phone again. you pay 100 again.
    11-20-09 12:25 PM
    And keep in mind that usually there is a number of claims per year. With VZ it is 2.
    11-20-09 01:54 PM
    Limit of 3 claims with Asurion with Sprint. http://www.nextel.com/assets/pdfs/en...3-2024_TEP.pdf

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-09 02:11 PM
    just paid 100 for a replacement blackberry from sprint and it hasnt even been a week yet and i lost the replacement. does anyone know if i will be able to get a new one no charge? or would i have to pay the insurance 100 again?
    Only way you are going to get a replacement at no charge, is to "EXCHANGE" it for the same model, should it be defective within the warranty period. Which of course means you have to turn over the defective phone to get it replaced with a new or refurbished one.
    11-20-09 03:39 PM
    Why would they give you a free one because you lost it again? The $100 is a deductible that you pay when you make an insurance claim.

It's like paying the $500 or $1000 deductible if you're in a car accident. If you get into a car accident as you drive your newly repaired car out of the shop, the insurance company won't repair your car again for free.
    11-20-09 05:42 PM
    How can you lose a blackberry.... I keep mine closer to me than my wallet lol.
    11-20-09 05:53 PM
    Yes. Maybe you should also get a license for smart guard so you can track your blackberry

11-20-09 09:47 PM
    How can you lose a blackberry.... I keep mine closer to me than my wallet lol.
    I hear ya~ I keep mine in my front pocket next to my :|

HOW DO YOU LOSE A BLACKBERRY!!??

11-21-09 11:21 AM
    I can understand losing a phone. Losing 2 in the same week, can't say I have heard that happen. How are you losing them?
    11-21-09 01:34 PM
    I can understand losing a phone. Losing 2 in the same week, can't say I have heard that happen. How are you losing them?
    Happens all the time. Check the lost and found for most metro bus systems, and bars/clubs (well only the crappy phones make it to lost in found in bars and clubs), I have found a few smartphones (BB's included), at bus stops and in restaurants. Found a Droid just last week in a restroom on the sink. Some people are just absent minded when they put things down.

The one good thing about me finding a phone, is the owner will get it back.
    11-21-09 01:45 PM

Same here, now only if everyone was like that
    11-21-09 02:00 PM
    I have lost some phones too, but I keep my BlackBerry so close to me that soon a surgery is needed to separate us

By the way... once I found a phone on the street, which I picked up and tried to find out to whom it belongs. Eventually I found a number called "Mom". I called and spoke with this person that I found a phone belonging to a person in their family. I was given advice on how to get to their place and I showed up there 15 minutes later. A woman was waiting there, I walked to her and she shouted "do you have the phone". I shouted back "yes". She then ran to me, just grabbed the phone out of my hands and said "ok you can go now". Really what an unthankful b***h! BlkBear how was your experience so far bringing phones back to their owners? I love to do the correct thing, but nowadays I just don't bother thanks to one very unpleasant experience.
    11-21-09 02:46 PM
    Happens all the time. Check the lost and found for most metro bus systems, and bars/clubs (well only the crappy phones make it to lost in found in bars and clubs), I have found a few smartphones (BB's included), at bus stops and in restaurants. Found a Droid just last week in a restroom on the sink. Some people are just absent minded when they put things down.

Wow you found a Droid?! Someone isnt careful enough lol.
    11-21-09 03:05 PM
    The 8330 does not have a slot for attaching a lanyard, but folks who are prone to losing things who have other BBs could get a lanyard to securely hold onto them.

http://shop.crackberry.com/blackberry-wrist-lanyard/4A179A3282.htm
    11-21-09 04:33 PM
    wow some of u guys r just plain mean. maybe u all should get off ur blackberry and off these forums and get outside and do something.

all I wanted was a simple yes or no answer. Instead I get things like "HOW CAN YOU LOSE YOUR BLACKBERRY?" - easy just set it on your dashboard with the window open and turn a corner... whoooosh!

Or

HOW CAN YOU EXPECT TO GET THINGS FREE? YOU LOST IT.. Yeah I lost the f**kin phone, and I dont expect a free hand out. but damn it was worth a shot to ask.

ya all r a bunch of a**holes.
    11-21-09 05:45 PM
    wow some of u guys r just plain mean. maybe u all should get off ur blackberry and off these forums and get outside and do something.

all I wanted was a simple yes or no answer. Instead I get things like "HOW CAN YOU LOSE YOUR BLACKBERRY?" - easy just set it on your dashboard with the window open and turn a corner... whoooosh!

Or

HOW CAN YOU EXPECT TO GET THINGS FREE? YOU LOST IT.. Yeah I lost the f**kin phone, and I dont expect a free hand out. but damn it was worth a shot to ask.

Welcome to CB.

No, really, there are a bunch of them on here.. but some were nice enough to answer your question. Dont let it get to you. Hiding behind a screen and posting trash is easy. Hope everything works out for you.
    11-21-09 05:54 PM
    By the way... once I found a phone on the street, which I picked up and tried to find out to whom it belongs. Eventually I found a number called "Mom". I called and spoke with this person that I found a phone belonging to a person in their family. I was given advice on how to get to their place and I showed up there 15 minutes later. A woman was waiting there, I walked to her and she shouted "do you have the phone". I shouted back "yes". She then ran to me, just grabbed the phone out of my hands and said "ok you can go now". Really what an unthankful b***h! BlkBear how was your experience so far bringing phones back to their owners? I love to do the correct thing, but nowadays I just don't bother thanks to one very unpleasant experience.
    So far everyone whose phone, wallet or ID I have found has always at least said thank you. But for me really doesn't matter if they were thankful or not, just wanted them to get their property back.

But should they say something rude like "I bet you want a reward or something..." I might say something like, "No but, I'll bet you never thought someone would bring your property back to you and not expect anything, did you?" smile and walk away. I have noticed that being nice tends to make some people (strangers) think you are up to something or want something from them.

Now the folks that have offered me a reward, I just tell them thanks, and that returning their stuff was all I expected to happen when I did.
    11-21-09 07:10 PM
    Wow you found a Droid?! Someone isnt careful enough lol.
    That or really distracted. Which is what happens when people leave glasses, watches, rings briefcases and electronics in restrooms. Guess their thinking about getting back to that meeting, work or making it to an appointment, that they just set things down to wash their hands and the act of drying their hands sets them into... leave the bathroom mode.

At least I know if I'm ever on one of those hidden camera shows, I will be seen as one of the ones, trying to find the phone's owner. (I hope!)
    11-21-09 07:16 PM

Or

Hey we can all understand losing things, happens all the time. You asked a question and you got answers, many of them you didn't like, I get that too. Sure it was worth a shot to ask, and I'm sure you now know, what you can expect as far as replacement cost, when it comes to insurance claims with your carrier.

As for the A-holes, I have a teeshirt that says I'm a Big One, Got Big One, and Dump like a Big One, then has an arrow on the back pointing to it.
    11-21-09 07:24 PM
    Do you have a craigslist near you? Check that for discount phones or Ebay.
    11-21-09 08:40 PM
    One time, this is kinda a pointless story, but I lost my enV, RIGHT when I was trying to convince my mom I was responsible enough to get a Curve. We were at a hockey game, and someone was nice enough to turn it in, and no one ever knew I lost it. Like already said, I'm glad most people, including myself, are nice enough to turn it in.
    11-22-09 06:57 AM
    is the 100$ added to the bill, or do you have to pay upfront?
    11-22-09 08:05 AM
    - easy just set it on your dashboard with the window open and turn a corner... whoooosh!
    I totally understand. Sometimes my wife will set things on the dashboard - like her phone - and I have visions of it flying out the window on a left turn, so I remind her to take them off before we start moving.

And, despite some of the somewhat hard answers up here, most people on CB are really very helpful.

Good Luck!
    Pete
    11-22-09 11:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD