How do you block the PIN on a lost BB device?
    Mine was an unlocked BB Bold.
    04-15-09 10:45 PM
    Did you call your carrier to say you lost it and to suspend service ?

BBM is basically useless without data usage
    04-15-09 11:41 PM
    Yes call your carrier and they will block the PIN

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-09 11:46 PM
    Call the carrier and let them know you had it lost or stolen. They will lock it for you within seconds.
    04-15-09 11:47 PM
    Sorry for your loss.

04-15-09 11:50 PM
    And call them as soon as you know CS will be available. Hopefully someone isn't using a sim card in it already.

I would feel better at least that someone wouldn't have the benefit of using the phone to its fullest capabilities.

04-16-09 01:37 AM
    i wish u could track a lost phone by its gps =\

i see it on csi all the time
    04-16-09 02:31 AM
    i want blok my blackberry. anybody can help me? today i lost my blackberry. thanks
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 03-13-10 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Redacted PIN and IMEI
    03-13-10 11:27 AM
    Call your CARRIER.
    03-13-10 11:58 AM
    i want blok my blackberry 21c0d01a. anybody can help me? today i lost my blackberry imie:<Removed>.thanks
    I'd remove the IMEI from your post if I were you.
    03-13-10 12:22 PM
    Why block it?
    No one else can use a BB except as a phone, all emails & pin messages will be yours, s/he can never use it to recieve emails as I understand
    03-13-10 04:08 PM
    Why block it?
    No one else can use a BB except as a phone, all emails & pin messages will be yours, s/he can never use it to recieve emails as I understand
    You understand wrong.
    03-13-10 04:46 PM
    @Motorcycle Mama, please enlighten, I thought if a BB device is not 'unpinned' it can't be used for other BB services? hence the need for people to request service providers to deregister handsets before selling them as second hand.
    Am interested in knowing, is this just an urban myth?
    03-13-10 04:56 PM
    i want blok my blackberry . anybody can help me? today i lost my blackberry thanks
    GSM carriers don't block IMEI's. If the phone is unlocked, the person can use
    the phone for whatever voice/sms capabilities it has. The carrier cannot block
    the PIN from being used. So the phone can be used with a BB data plan.

However, if you called RIM directly they are the ones that could block the
    BB data services from being used. They can blacklist the PIN on their own
    server therefore someone can't use the device on their BIS/BES. But it will
    more than likely cost you money to talk to RIM.

Note: Even if you get the PIN blocked, the phone can still be used for voice/SMS
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 03-13-10 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Redacted PIN and IMEI in quote
    03-13-10 05:01 PM
    Forever29 is exactly right, I had my wife lose her 9000 last summer what I had to do was call ATT & report it lost and I told them I wanted the Pin blocked and they said they didn't do that but if I wanted to they could call Rim with me on the line so I wouldn't have to pay to call em myself, and they could Block the Pin...so after about a little over an hour on hold and speaking with someone at Rim the guy said specifically 'are you sure you want the Pin blocked' he asked me twice! 'Once its blocked this is a irreversible process' , I said yes I'm sure. So at least whoever has it now can't use BB services on it now, it was worth the time on the phone in my opinion, even the employee from Rim said sorry about your loss man that sucks, they can still use it for sms/phone but no email/web is the satisfaction you'll have, I agreed, yeah that's the most I can do, and it was done.

vzinside and bbquincar like this.
    03-13-10 05:18 PM
    i've got my friend's blackberry was stolen, so where i can call the RIM in singapore?? (could u tell me the phone number or emails ??)
    so does the IMEI can excactly block or not??

waiting for reply ASAP

thanks.
    04-15-10 09:52 AM
    hi, can i have your PIN ?? i just want to have a talk and share..
    thanks a lot..
    04-15-10 09:55 AM
    The best method is to contact your phone service provider and have them escalate to RIM.
    Eunice Olarewaju likes this.
    04-15-10 11:42 AM
    My daughter blackberry was stolen, can anyone tell me how to lock it?
    12-04-12 12:51 AM
    call rim... they will lock in right away. And learn to use Blackberry Protect
    stringhetta and vzinside like this.
    12-04-12 04:34 AM
    My BB phone has been stolen in my house. Please i want to know how to block my pin.
    12-30-12 01:24 AM
    Call your carrier, and tell them it was lost, and that you also need to speak to RIM support. After the carrier is done blocking it on their end, they should be able to transfer your call for free to RIM support where they can block the pin.
    12-30-12 01:40 AM
    Hii evryone,

Pls can someone help on how to contact RIM to block my stolen BB PIN?
    02-14-13 10:11 PM
    Hello, can u pls tel me how to contact RIM? i also want to block my stolen blackberry. thanks.
    02-14-13 10:14 PM
    You really should have started a new thread rather the resurrecting this one, but you need to call your carrier, they can block your stolen BB.
    02-14-13 11:54 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD