Hello, i am new to all this i bought a phone on the internet, its a storm 9530 and when i got it i called verizon wireless and activated it and the phone was good to go, however i went to take a picture and i notice that the media card had photos, of a young family with there 3 or 4 daughters and it broke my heart to think that someone out there is missing those photos, i know if it was me i wouldnt care for the phone as much as the pictures..

so I am in a delema, what to do? any advise? i dont want to loose either i paid $100 for it and it works find, its not a new phone it has ware and tear form use..

how can i find out who the owner is with out loosing the phone too.

i know its a (954) area code cause i did notice that when i got the phone that it has a number in there but i did not write it down, and after i activted it the number was gone, also the phone looks wiped clean no contacts or anything just whats in the media card, and there is no name or anything on it? please help?
    09-02-10 02:50 AM
    Where exactly on the internet - eBay or a retailer?

If it was an eBay seller, maybe they just forgot to wipe the memory card? I have just put my old phone up for sale on eBay and I nearly forgot to wipe the memory card before I put it up for sale.

Personally I would contact the seller and if they are genuine they would appreciate your honesty and be very pleased to have their photos back.

I would have thought if it was reported lost or stolen it would have been blocked, so it could be a genuine oversite by the seller.
    09-02-10 03:23 AM
    Verizon should know who the phone belonged to by the PIN. Or maybe RIM
    would know.
    09-02-10 05:50 AM
    The previous owner or seller could've forgotten to wipe the media card. It doesnt sound like it stolen since you said it activated just fine. You could contact the seller and ask for a little more info on the history.
    09-02-10 06:01 AM
    The 9530 is a CDMA phone right, if it is activated on the original carrier then I would assume or at least hope the device would have been reported lost/stolen by the original ownerif it was in fact lost/stolen, in which case your activation would have failed as the ESN and PIN would have been locked out. I say take the phone and the card to your local service provider corp store, have them search their databases for the previous owner and give them the card at least. They will not be permitted to provide you any information about the previous owner for privacy concerns but if they are reputable they will get the card back to the owner.
    09-02-10 06:29 AM
    thanks guys i contacted the buyer and he said to email him the photo that he forgot to whip it clean and he thank me, so i am glad that worked out.

oh i bought it off of craiglist thanks again
    09-02-10 11:59 AM
    I once found an iphone and gave it back.. Too bad for me when my 9700 was stolen I wasn't lucky enuff to get it back! 2. Weeks later I won the Torch in the CrackBerry contest. Karma is a "female dog"! Bet that~

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-10 04:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD