Hello,

I've got both my personal e-mail address and my companies e-mail address set up on my blackberry. Unfortunately, I have accidentally forgotten my password, since I rarely log into it on my desktop, to my business e-mail (which is a gmail if that matters), and gmail is unable to reset my password for some reason. Is there any way to retrieve my password from my stored blackberry settings?

I'm not exactly sure if this is possible but all help is appreciated!!

Thank you!!
    01-02-11 05:30 PM
    You should be able to call your service provider (ie-Verizon,Sprint,etc) and get the pw from them. I would give that a shot. You are talking about your pw for Bis/Bes correct? Or did I misunderstand you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    sbkc likes this.
    01-02-11 06:41 PM
    I think he/she needs his/her Gmail password.
    sbkc likes this.
    01-02-11 06:45 PM
    I think he/she needs his/her Gmail password.
    yes I believe you are right, I went back to re-read that & I did misunderstand.
    If you need your pw's for the actual email accts, then that I'm not sure about, but wouldn't there be an option when you bring up the gmail log in page to enter your email address and then click 'forgot password' I'm sure there must be some kind of option available like that.

sbkc likes this.
    01-02-11 06:48 PM
    ... wouldn't there be an option when you bring up the gmail log in page to enter your email address and then click 'forgot password' I'm sure there must be some kind of option available like that.

Yes. All of the top email providers have someway to let people who forgot their passwords access their accounts. Gmail has you set a security question and tie another email address and/or cell phone number to send you your password.
    sbkc likes this.
    01-02-11 06:56 PM
    Yes. All of the top email providers have someway to let people who forgot their passwords access their accounts. Gmail has you set a security question and tie another email address and/or cell phone number to send you your password.
    That's what I thought because I know with my AOL & Yahoo emails I could do that with, as you said, a security question to answer! And !viola! You will receive your pw!

sbkc likes this.
    01-02-11 07:08 PM
    That's what I thought because I know with my AOL & Yahoo emails I could do that with, as you said, a security question to answer! And !viola! You will receive your pw!

And if you can't remember the answer to your security question AND you don't have it written down somewhere (on paper or on your computer etc)... then I feel sorry for whomever that person is (not directed towards the OP)
    sbkc likes this.
    01-02-11 07:41 PM
    And if you can't remember the answer to your security question AND you don't have it written down somewhere (on paper or on your computer etc)... then I feel sorry for whomever that person is (not directed towards the OP)
    LOL
    10frigginchars

sbkc likes this.
    01-02-11 08:21 PM
    another option for gmail is a secondary address to send the password, which they ask to update from time to time - except the OP said logging in from PC was a rarity, so he/she might be up isht creek without a paddle.

sbkc likes this.
    01-02-11 09:18 PM
    Thanks for all of your suggestions. It's kind of a complicated situation. I purchased a business and Google Places assigned me a g-mail account to monitor the Places page and I added the e-mail to my blackberry and logged into the account on the computer maybe 2 times. Since it was a google issued e-mail, there was no information set up in case of this situation. I have to call google and request a new password or an e-mail change for my places page.

Thank you again for all of your help!!!
    01-07-11 09:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD