I am not here to complain about Blackberry but rather to get some advices.

Last summer I received my first Blackberry phone, it was Z10 and I directly felt in love with the OS running 10.2.1 at the time. Still today I do not regret the OS what so-ever, the hub is incredibly efficient, the OS is fact and responsive and the do not really miss applications as I have side-loaded the very few application I need.

After the summer I have moved continent and lost the 4G functionality of the Z10 so I though it would have been a good time to change phone, so I upgraded to a Z30. Unfortunately I did not experienced the feeling I had with the Z10. The device was (too) big, built quality was average and what annoyed me the most was the OS consistency, some applications were developed with dark theme some with the light, etc ...

After this rather disappointing experience I changed phone again and this time I got myself a Q10. The device somehow reminded me of the Z10 which was a good surprise. The built quality is amazing, typing on the physical keyboard is a pleasure and the OS is fast and responsive.

I have now been using the Q10 for about 2 months and still enjoy the device but I realised that I got use typing on virtual keyboard thus making the Q10 an odd choice. I am now thinking of changing back to a full-touch device mainly for a bigger screen but I found myself demented. I have already tried BlackBerry's arguably top device the 'Z30' and did not have a great experience.

I am now looking at the alternatives, the Z3 and newly announced the leap yet both devices look cheap with the same or worse hardware than the Z30. I guess my question is, has the Z30 changed a lot OS wise with the recent 10.3.1 update? Is the leap a serious competitor of the Z30? Would the passport be I good pick?

Thank you for reading,
    03-19-15 11:33 AM
    The early reviews for the Leap - "The screen looks great and the Leap proved to be very responsive during my brief interaction with it."
    "It looks expensive and sports a smart design and good battery life".

" from the Z10, but its screen is considerably nicer, and the build quality is somewhat improved. At 170 grams and 9.5mm thick, it feels substantial, more akin to the Z30."

From the reviews I read, the Leap seems to run as well as a Z30 but with a better screen. Seems like a good replacement for the Z10 and the battery performance should be excellent. I might get one.
    03-19-15 11:59 AM
    The Leap is going to be at least as large as the Z30, so you need to consider that.
    03-19-15 12:01 PM