Hello everyone

So i tried to transfer all of my contacts from the old phone to my new phone.

I installed BB deskptop manager, and plugged in the old phone. It was trying to upgrade somehting, so i stopped it and then I then took it out (without safely ejecting it) and all my contacts were lost.

However, i had a saved copy of my contacts,sms,call log etc... from last year. So i copied those to my new phone.

But the problem now is taht i lost my new contacts and stuff. But i noticed 2 strange things:

1) If i dial the number of one of my new contacts on my new phone, then it shows the name of the person. However, this persons name is not on the contact list of my new phone.

2) also, on my old phone, in the call log, i can still see the names of my contacts (old and new contacts), however, there is no contact info on my Contacts book on the old phone.

Can anyone pelase help me out
    07-16-11 02:30 PM
    What has happened is that you have inadvertently filtered your contacts. In the Address Book on your device, press Menu, and select Filter. Make sure no boxes are checked. With no boxes checked, all your contacts will reappear.
    07-16-11 02:39 PM
    Thanks for the tip....I tried that....but it didnt work
    07-16-11 04:47 PM
    That's odd. Your old backup won't have your new info, but if you are still seeing the new info when you make a call, it must be in your Address Book. Filtering is the only way I know to hide contacts without deleting them.
    07-16-11 05:00 PM
    Sounds to me like he somehow corrupted his address book by removing the BB mid way threw a data move process. Not a good thing to do in the first place. I used the move data wizard a few weeks ago and it worked great, but you should not be doing anything else when doing this.

CS
    07-16-11 05:54 PM
    that's why you should just have your contacts in some kind of cloud service. I have all mine on Google which I just export to my device.
    07-17-11 07:44 PM
    Look for a file opn your computer called autobackup with the numerical date when it happened.

The first thing DM does when it upgrades anything, is makes a backup.

If you find the file, use the restore feature to put your address book back.

Mark
    @allaboutmybb
    www.allaboutmybb.com
    07-17-11 07:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD