I used to get 3g signal at camp. I was able to browse the internet... As of a couple of months ago, I no longer have data capabilities...
    Is it possible that my carrier "Bell" removed 3g capabilites in that area and only allow 4g now?
    I have voice, but not data...
    Is there a fix for this issue? Does it mean that if I want data in this area I need to get a 4g phone?

Thanks
    05-07-13 02:21 PM
    I've lost 3G data on phoned before. I've either done a battery pull that resolved the problem, or, I've had to contact customer service to have them reprovision my phone. (once) Which device are you having a problem with?

Edit: I see your profile lists a 9900, so if anyone else has input, suggestions are welcomed!
    05-07-13 02:51 PM
    Its an Iphone 4s... On the bell website, it shows the area that I used to have 3g, is now covered with 4g, and my 3g coverage is no longer in range...
    05-07-13 02:54 PM
    Its an Iphone 4s... On the bell website, it shows the area that I used to have 3g, is now covered with 4g, and my 3g coverage is no longer in range...
    Honestly, I'd contact the carrier, they might be able to assess what is going on in the system.
    05-07-13 02:57 PM
    Costumer service is denying any changes in the area, yet the website clearly indicates the change... It would be nice if there was a 4g to 3g converter/adapter that could be purchased...
    05-07-13 03:16 PM
    Costumer service is denying any changes in the area, yet the website clearly indicates the change... It would be nice if there was a 4g to 3g converter/adapter that could be purchased...
    Hmm, most of the 4G doesn't actually replace 3G signal, though, since they are different frequencies. Does anyone else you know have a Bell phone to check side-by-side?
    05-07-13 03:34 PM
    Yes it's not only me...
    05-07-13 03:55 PM
    Yes it's not only me...
    Then they've done something in their system that either someone doesn't know about, or the network could have a bit of faulty equipment that isn't reported up the chain yet. I would escalate to their technical department and see where it takes you.
    05-07-13 06:16 PM