07-20-11 07:24 AM
57 123
tools
    Today is July 12. All I hear are crickets. Oh look... a tumbleweed!
    07-12-11 09:33 AM
    I agree in that RIM has to step up their game and get with the times by upgrading the technology. But I am a little sick of it when people refer to BB's as "enterprise" or "business user" phones when the overwhelming majority of people that use Blackberries are just regular consumers!

Can you play MP3's? Can you stream music from apps? Can you stream Youtube videos? Can you go on social network sites/apps? Can you expand your memory in SD cards or Cloud computing? Can you do text/email/BBM/Message attachments? Can you tether? Can you take pictures/videos and integrate into other apps? Can you sync many files to your computer? Can you customize the appearance of the interface? Can you bluetooth?

Yes, is the answer to all those questions. In addition, really good battery life on all the more recent models that have physical keyboards, good call quality, great notification process, great email setup, etc.

I am not sure a 5 year plan is necessary. Improve a few minor things, juice up the new phones with a little more power. They did that. New OS? They sort of did that with OS7 and QNX is also on the way. Make the app designers job a little easier and get more apps on BB's. That is important to many consumers, but in reality, the big apps are covered.
    I say that because A.) Thats how they are marketed (with the littel marketing they get B.) this is how the Crackberry collective mainly views them

Its not so focused on can it do it...but can it do it well. its an experience for some consumers. Pour example: On both my BBs, trying to multitask while using pandora is the most surefire, reliable method to induce a battery-pull, constant hourglass/blackclock situation. So, yea it can do it...but not well..........
    07-12-11 03:45 PM
    I say that because A.) Thats how they are marketed (with the littel marketing they get B.) this is how the Crackberry collective mainly views them

Its not so focused on can it do it...but can it do it well. its an experience for some consumers. Pour example: On both my BBs, trying to multitask while using pandora is the most surefire, reliable method to induce a battery-pull, constant hourglass/blackclock situation. So, yea it can do it...but not well..........
    Same goes for some other devices. I know many people who swear by the v-board on the iPhone. They say its the best v board.And i mean hey, it types, it inputs text and even has ten+ language configurations. But the experience is not there.
    07-12-11 03:50 PM
    I never had a problem with the Pandora app on any BB. I remember on my Curve 8320 I used to abattery pull a couple of times a week though. The Torch, maybe 4 times in one year so far?

I would agree older BB's did not do many those features well, but the Torch actually does....
    07-12-11 04:05 PM
    July 12, think you can wait that long. But thanks cause nobody cry's enough around here!
    July 12th came and went - still no T2...
    07-16-11 10:56 AM
    Well if you're really as loyal to RIM as you say you are, you'd be patient and wait. If not, go get another phone with similar specs. I'm sick of seeing posts with people just complaining.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Its hardly complaining, when being loyal to RIM is all about waiting and patience, and promises that always seem to change (these days). Like the OP, I am losing my patience, as well. Once RIM figures out how to make OS's work for more than one year (aka as the Torch I sold today), then I'll happily return. But if all I'm getting are broken promises and delay after delay... BB just isn't fun or practical to me anymore.

Last edited by girlontherun; 07-18-11 at 11:55 PM.
    07-18-11 11:52 PM
    Its hardly complaining, when being loyal to RIM is all about waiting and patience, and promises that always seem to change (these days). Like the OP, I am losing my patience, as well. Once RIM figures out how to make OS's work for more than one year (aka as the Torch I sold today), then I'll happily return. But if all I'm getting are broken promises and delay after delay... BB just isn't fun or practical to me anymore.

So, what do you mean an os that runs more than a year? You say you sold your Torch because of this. My wife has a Torch she got as soon as they came out and it still works just fine AND she has the original OS on it. Are you a serial app installere remover? Perhaps you have beaten the OS with installs and removals that ultimately broke the OS; something like Windows rot. Heck, I got a brand new HTC Inspire to lock up and need a battery pull just from use. So I don't think any device is perfect. Be that as it may, if you are unhappy with RIM and BlackBerry, go get something else and move on, as I assume you have that freedeom.

07-20-11 07:24 AM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD