I apologize if this has been asked before as I am sure it has but I could not find the answer when searching for it in the forums.

I have a Storm2 9550 on VZW and when I am composing an email I lose it when I receive an incoming call if I accept the call. How do I get back to the email I was writing once the call is over? Am I losing it because I am pressing the red phone button to end the call? Where does the email go? Should I not answer the call to avoid losing the email I am trying to write?

This is so frustrating. Yesterday I had to write the same email three times because the first two times a call came in that I needed to answer then once the call was over the email draft was gone.

Am I doing something wrong?

I use Quiklaunch to open the email function to compose one but I wouldn't think that would be a factor.

Thanks in advance for any tips that can be suggested to avoid this occurring in the future.
    03-18-11 08:16 AM
    Once the call is over, go back to the messages app and the email window should still be there. I can't tell you if QL is to blame because I didn't use it, but I've never actually tested this scenario before. Of course, if I'm working on writing something I don't answer calls. I call back once I'm finished with my essay. Lol
    03-18-11 08:23 AM
  3. T
    That's how it works for me, too. Drafts of messages end up with the other messages in the messages folder. (Usually its icon is orange.) Sorry, but I don't have any experience with QL.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-11 08:49 AM
    Thanks for your help. I have tried that but it just takes me back to my inbox and the message I was composing is gone. Maybe the "Compose email" shortcut in Quick Launch is the issue.

I think I will have someone call me while I am composing an email without using Quick Launch and see what happens.
    03-18-11 08:51 AM
  5. T
    Good idea. Please let us know.

03-18-11 08:55 AM
    I have found it has something to do with using Quick Launch to compose the email. I did a test and if I use the "compose email" short cut in QL the email is lost once the phone call ends. It just takes me back to my home screen. If I open an email directly from the messages folder and take a call I am returned to the email I was typing once the call has ended.
    03-18-11 08:56 AM
  7. T
    Thanks for the report. That's too bad about the apparent bug in the QL app.

03-18-11 09:03 AM
    Maybe I am wrong, but could the draft be saved in the Drafts folder? And when you go back to messages, you do not see the message because it is a draft? My experience has a draft as being green in icon color.

03-18-11 11:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD