Recently I have been noticing that I would lose all the contacts in my call log, emails, and text messages.

I have my emails and text messages to delete after 30days automatically but it seems that they are being deleted all at once.

Does anyone know what could possibly be the issue? Originally I thought it was because I needed a new memory card so I got a new 8gb card and i'm still having this problem.
    07-04-09 07:25 PM
    Check your free memory: Options / Status / File Free:

What you are describing is typical of the problems caused by low available memory. Any time "File Free" drops below about 12 000 000 bytes, the phone may start deleting call logs and text messages without warning to free up memory. Text messages may be deleted as soon as they arrive, before you have had time to read them.

A battery pull recovers memory and will alleviate the problem temporarily. The solution is to remove the stuff you don't need (the sample video, wallpaper, themes, other languages, brickbreaker, etc.) from the device's memory. The following procedure, originally written by Forums Moderator Reed McLay will guide you:

How to Increase BlackBerry's File Free Memory

Also, if you have a Media Card, be sure to put pictures, videos, music, and ringtones on it, not in your device's memory. Keep in mind that Media Card memory is not device memory. You have to keep your device memory above 12 000 000 bytes, regardless of the capacity of your Media Card or how much free space it has. Finally, you can't at this time run programs from a Media Card. Programs have to be installed in and executed in device memory.
    07-04-09 07:32 PM
    None of you emails, text messages, or call logs are stored on your memory card. They are all stored in device memory. I am not sure, but I think that you are experiencing a lack of device memory. When you free file runs low, youe blackberry will start to delete these logs off of you bb. This is done automatically and their is nothing you can do to change it. There are a couple of good posts on this forum that will help you up your free file. Hope that this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-09 07:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD