Okay, i have others posts asking how to switch devices and now that is sorted i need to know soemthing important.
    If i transfer to another device will i lose my BIS? ill be putting my simcard in the new phone, will i have to reactivate my Internet service? if i do.. how would i do that? thanks.
    08-11-10 09:04 AM
    Yes, if you switch providers, you would need to set up your BIS as if you just activated a new account. I switched from Bell to Rogers, and they run on separate servers, so I created an account with Rogers' BIS with the same username as I had with Bell, and set up my e-mail accounts on it. Hopefully you don't have too many e-mail accounts associated to your BIS :-)
    08-11-10 09:28 AM
    But if you aren't switching carriers, you can just log into your current BIS account online and change the device.

For Orange, here is the link to your BIS website:
    https://bis.eu.blackberry.com/html?brand=orangeuk

If you haven't created an account at the website yet (meaning you have configured email through your device only), I recommend creating an account before switching devices.

Again, this only applies if you are staying with the same carrier.

Oh - and just switching your sim card should be the only other thing you need to do. Your carrier may prefer to know your new IMEI number, but I'm not sure that's necessary. It might depend on the carrier.
    08-11-10 09:33 AM
    If you are keeping the same provider, you can log in on their BIS site on your PC and enter the PIN of your new device. If you have Orange UK, their BIS site is here.
    08-11-10 09:35 AM
    Yeah, Do i make an account on my phone or on here, because when i try to use this site it just comes up with saying that you need to use a mobile then it just takes me to my email like set up page when i do it on my mobile? Also there shouldnt be a change in pin as im doing a device transfer using DM and ive been told that will transfer my pin.
    08-11-10 10:24 AM
    You still need to set up the device on the BIS after you use the Device Switch Wizard.
    08-11-10 10:52 AM
    Your pin is tied to the phone. Device transfer using DM will transfer your data to the new phone, but the phones' pins do not change.
    Since the Orange BIS website is pointing you back to your device, I'd wait until you're on the new device and go into the set up there. Maybe it will transfer your accounts to the new pin and resend service books.
    08-11-10 12:18 PM
    I just sent it up on my phone, and logged into it on the actual pc site, and it had an option for changing phones so that should sort some shizzle out so all is well i think...
    08-11-10 12:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD