One year ago I made a concept that looks a bit like the new "Blackberry Vienna", just thought it was fun and that I'd share it with you guys.

Check it out here:
    reddit.com/r/blackberry/comments/3szn1y/looks_like_blackberry_liked_my_phone_concept/

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackberry/...phone_concept/
    Last edited by zocster; 11-16-15 at 12:34 AM.
    anon(9169048) and lactose like this.
    11-16-15 12:05 AM
    I like your concept way better. I'd throw my money at blackberry for that one.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 12:54 AM
    There have been other concepts that were made. One from 2013 for sure.

When the Passport came out some said that the screen should be narrower and longer rather than square and that the Keyboard should have four rows. The Vienna is what the Q10 or even the Classic should have been.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 01:31 AM
    No. Yours is quite different.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 01:39 AM
    Yeah, I'd buy a BB10 like this in a heartbeat.

Looks like blackberry liked my phone concept-capture.jpg
    11-16-15 01:56 AM
    A BB 10 Os blackBerry smartphone concept yeah . I like that.

  
    11-16-15 02:02 AM
    I think that this is the kind of design that is invented by a lot of people at the same time, like the lightbulb. It's an obvious form-factor, and I've seen many mockups like yours. Was yours the first? Maybe. Did BlackBerry draw inspiration from your design? Maybe. Have people been asking for a 4x3 Q10 since 2013? Yes. It's a nice design either way.

Posted via CB10
    srzjumper likes this.
    11-16-15 07:10 AM
    I think that this is the kind of design that is invented by a lot of people at the same time, like the lightbulb. It's an obvious form-factor, and I've seen many mockups like yours. Was yours the first? Maybe. Did BlackBerry draw inspiration from your design? Maybe. Have people been asking for a 4x3 Q10 since 2013? Yes. It's a nice design either way.

Posted via CB10
    Screen aspect ratio in OP's concept looks like 3:2 not 4:3.

Posted via CB10/BB PP SE.
    11-16-15 07:22 AM
    One year ago I made a concept that looks a bit like the new "Blackberry Vienna", just thought it was fun and that I'd share it with you guys.

Check it out here:
    reddit.com/r/blackberry/comments/3szn1y/looks_like_blackberry_liked_my_phone_concept/

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackberry/...phone_concept/
    I much prefer your keyboard layout than BB's, looks larger and closer to the "Bold" layout we all know and love.
    11-16-15 07:32 AM
    http://n4bb.com/blackberry-drive-res...ical-keyboard/

This was my favourite 4:3 design from May 2013. Not realistic because of the lack of bezels. Better though because you you do not want the keyboard too close to the bottom of the device like the original Passport.

I like the venice design but I prefer symmetry between the top and bottom like the Passport SE.

There have been a ton of renders out there but ultimately the designer has to start with the components that he has to build around. The size of the screen and the foot print of the device.
    Most of the renders you see on CrackBerry can not describe the actual size of the device or even the dimensions of the screen. I did not see OP 's original design so I do not know what he did at the time.

One issue back in the day was the amount of bezel required for the gestures on BB10 devices.

At any rate, we can all thank BlackBerry for finally realising that a square screen results in a device that is too wide or a screen that is too small.

Posted via CB10
    dusanvn likes this.
    11-16-15 08:10 AM
    Yours looks way better.
    11-16-15 08:21 AM
    The Venice render is more like a Leap vs a more upscale design like the Z30. It rather depends on the price point they are trying to achieve and the battery size. Ultimately the buyer of this phone is mainly interested in the screen, battery and PKB.

I would like to see the shiny stainless steel 9900 band and the symmetry between the top and bottom.

I fear though that BlackBerry is losing it's identity. The Torch and Bold were cut from the same cloth and that no longer seems the case

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 09:06 AM
    http://n4bb.com/blackberry-drive-res...ical-keyboard/

This was my favourite 4:3 design from May 2013. Not realistic because of the lack of bezels. Better though because you you do not want the keyboard too close to the bottom of the device like the original Passport.

I like the venice design but I prefer symmetry between the top and bottom like the Passport SE.

There have been a ton of renders out there but ultimately the designer has to start with the components that he has to build around. The size of the screen and the foot print of the device.
    Most of the renders you see on CrackBerry can not describe the actual size of the device or even the dimensions of the screen. I did not see OP 's original design so I do not know what he did at the time.

One issue back in the day was the amount of bezel required for the gestures on BB10 devices.

At any rate, we can all thank BlackBerry for finally realising that a square screen results in a device that is too wide or a screen that is too small.

Posted via CB10
    OMG it's so nice. Yours is much far nicer than the Vienna.

Posted via CB10/BB PP SE.
    11-16-15 10:38 AM
    Yeah, I'd buy a BB10 like this in a heartbeat.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	914 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	380793
    Due to the fact that's BlackBerry10, probably I'd buy it too even if I prefer Vkb...
    11-16-15 01:15 PM