11-21-12 08:29 AM
    the way he paused the song looked really good... now thats a way of making the active frames, interactive.... now i wonder if RIM has implemented this and is saving it for later to surprise us.. if not.. RIM take a note, that was good...

apart from that, i think bb10 looks generally better....

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-21-12 08:41 AM
    An OS ditched by Nokia, pull-ease,lol.
    11-21-12 08:49 AM
    yes.. it's interesting... but I think when it comes out after bb10... they'll just get 'imitator' image for their brand...
    and somebody wrote this in the comments...
    " BlackBerry 10 � (QNX + BlackBerry Hub) + action buttons on Active Frames + Windows Phone fonts = Jolla"
    11-21-12 09:05 AM
    They seem to want to look like OS 10, but I could smell a patent infringement coming from Waterloo.
    11-21-12 09:10 AM
    Well we have heard for a long time now there can only be 3 mobile OS's at the most so good luck with more established ones around fighting.
    11-21-12 09:11 AM
    its interesting how similar it is to BB10. Also it is interesting that it can run android apps (just like BB10 + PB 2.0).
    11-21-12 09:11 AM
    They seem to want to look like OS 10, but I could smell a patent infringement coming from Waterloo.
    They can't, Meego was first with that UI, they have prior art.
    11-21-12 09:20 AM
    runs iOS and Android apps actually. looks interesting but not sure about the "gestures" and such but they will probably be ok once used to them
    11-21-12 09:20 AM
    its interesting how similar it is to BB10. Also it is interesting that it can run android apps (just like BB10 + PB 2.0).
    Will BB 10 be able to run andriod apps? I hope RIM vets them well, (I've assumed that they have for PB) too many creepy things like eavesdropping and remotely tracking people through GPS going on with Google's lack of vetting.
    11-21-12 09:23 AM
    Looks similar to BB10 but the gestures (going vertical instead of horizontal) is not as intuitive as BB10 (and certainly not one-handed ease of use). Overall, I like BB10 a lot more. RIM most likely has filed a good number of patents for some of their developments in BB10.
    11-21-12 09:45 AM
    Will BB 10 be able to run andriod apps? I hope RIM vets them well, (I've assumed that they have for PB) too many creepy things like eavesdropping and remotely tracking people through GPS going on with Google's lack of vetting.
    You have opt in being tracked...People just dont care and click buttons as fast as they can, so they can get to there recently downloaded app as fast as possible. IJS
    11-21-12 09:47 AM
    runs iOS and Android apps actually. looks interesting but not sure about the "gestures" and such but they will probably be ok once used to them
    it runs ios app too? really? that makes it more interesting...
    11-21-12 10:00 AM
    They can't, Meego was first with that UI, they have prior art.
    however, meego's swipe ui did not have the active frames screen, nor did they have the peek and glance feature. this new jolla os looks nice, but at the same time seems to function exactly like bb10.
    11-21-12 10:40 AM
    however, meego's swipe ui did not have the active frames screen, nor did they have the peek and glance feature. this new jolla os looks nice, but at the same time seems to function exactly like bb10.
    It didn't have that implementation of it before. Now it has more of a BB10 implementation. Check out a walk through for Meego:

But BB10 did borrow some from Meego Harmattan. And It seems Sailfish is borrowing some from BB10.

It works out.
    11-21-12 10:50 AM
    It did have the 4 active frames/minimized apps, I'm not sure about the rest.
    11-21-12 10:51 AM
    The Nokia N9

Introducing the Nokia N9: all it takes is a swipe! – Nokia Conversations : the official Nokia blog

I don't think they called them active frames but they had them.
    11-21-12 11:00 AM
    The Nokia N9

Introducing the Nokia N9: all it takes is a swipe! – Nokia Conversations : the official Nokia blog

I don't think they called them active frames but they had them.
    "SWIPE
    The team behind the MeeGo-based Nokia N9 brought together elements of industrial design, software development and user interface advancements, as well as a developer platform to create a better way to use a phone. All that�s needed to use the Nokia N9 is a simple gesture, a swipe of the finger. It is an intuitive way to use all the different features and functions. Whenever you are in an application, you just swipe from the edge of the screen to go back home.

UNIBODY DESIGN

Don�t miss
    All the latest smartphones news
    Nokia N9, Symbian Belle, Nokia 603
    See the new look Nokia Conversations
    Staff picks, world firsts and more
    The Nokia N9 has a beautiful one-piece, unibody design where the hardware and software fit together seamlessly. The large, 3.9 inch curved glass AMOLED display lets the applications shine and take full benefit of the user interface. Thanks to the innovative laminated display technology, it looks like applications are literally floating on top of the screen. The body of the Nokia N9 is made from the best in polycarbonate material engineering today, enabling superior antenna performance over most other competitors� smartphones. This means better reception, better voice quality and fewer dropped calls. The Nokia N9 comes in three colours: black, cyan and magenta and with large storage capacities of 16GB and 64GB on the two variants to be made available.

NO BUTTONS
    The Nokia N9 is the world�s first pure touch screen phone without any front-facing buttons at all. You unlock the phone by just double-tapping the screen.

THREE HOME VIEWS
    The user interface in Nokia N9 is designed around the things people typically use the most. This is why there are three recognizable home views arranged in a carousel: 1) Applications for launching and organizing your apps. 2) Events for social networking feeds and notifications for calls, texts, calendar events, etc. 3) Open applications for switching between all live apps you have used recently. You can pinch and zoom the screen to see either four or nine open app icons. In fact, the Nokia N9 delivers the best multitasking experience on any phone!

POWERFUL CAMERA
    The 8MP auto focus camera with Carl Zeiss optics, dual LED flash and super wide 28mm lens works faster from start to capture than any other manufacturer�s smartphone camera in the market. HD video and true 16:9 resolution photos are supported. You can share your photos via MMS, email, NFC and many online services including Flickr and Facebook.

FAST WEB BROWSER
    The fast web browser is built on the latest Webkit 2 technology. Even while loading a web page, the screen remains responsive. You can have several browser windows open in the open applications view and switching between them is, again, fast and easy. Favourite websites are shown as visual thumbnails, supported by a full browsing history. Wide HTML5 support offers access to rich web applications and fast video playback.

LATEST MAPS
    The Nokia N9 has the latest Nokia Maps with free, voice-guided turn-by-turn navigation for walking and driving. There is also a dedicated Drive app for in-car navigation, which lets you start navigating to your destination instantly after entering your destination. Public transport routing in 85 cities means you can find the quickest route on foot or by tram, metro or train. You can also discover nearby places with caf�s, shops, hotels and more, all marked along the way.

DOLBY SOUND
    Dolby Headphone and Dolby Digital Plus support on the Nokia N9 turns regular stereo audio into personal surround sound on any headphones � first on any mobile phone."

How the helll did Nokia give this up for WP7, worst move EVER!!!!!
    kbz1960 and Djlatino like this.
    11-21-12 11:13 AM
    I thought the n9 was a beautiful device, its really too bad that nokia gave up on it.
    Gerii likes this.
    11-21-12 11:35 AM
    You have opt in being tracked...People just dont care and click buttons as fast as they can, so they can get to there recently downloaded app as fast as possible. IJS
    Do you really believe that the malware providers care what settings you have chosen ? Heck Google themselves just paid $22.5 million to the FTC for circumventing users privacy settings.
    11-22-12 05:42 PM
    Nokia will be bankrupt in a year anyways so doesn't really matter.
    THBW likes this.
    11-22-12 10:47 PM
    You don't know what you're talking about.
    11-23-12 01:21 AM
    I really hate when people say stuff like that. Unless you can back that up with solid facts, or proof of your future telling abilities, you should keep that to yourself. On a side note, should I buy a lottery tickey this week?
    11-23-12 02:05 AM
    And what does this OS at this current time have to do with Nokia? If you are going to comment on an issue at least bring yourself upto date.
    11-23-12 02:18 AM
    Who cares about me ego jolla or whatever. There are spectacular minds at Research In Motion who have put thought, design and function into what we know to be BlackBerry 10.
    The core of BB10 is solid.
    T-Raww likes this.
    11-23-12 02:53 AM
41 12