Only way it can work is if they already use it, love it, live it. Otherwise you might as well have Batman on stage.
    09-15-14 09:40 AM
    He is getting payed to market this device in both his public and personal life. Tweeting through an iPhone to the public while you're in a contract with an other company is just stupid.
    Not just stupid, but probably a breach of contract / non-compete if he actually did it. That tweet read like it was written by an intern.
    09-15-14 09:45 AM
    09-15-14 09:48 AM
    The Verge is relevant?
    09-15-14 09:51 AM
    The Verge is relevant?
    The article is relevant to the topic at hand.
    shaleem likes this.
    09-15-14 10:01 AM
    That explains.
    But seriously, a twitter assistant lol? What do you study to become one haha ? Bachelor degree in twitter?

~Omar Via CB10 on Z10STL100-2/10.3.0.1154
    09-15-14 10:20 AM
    Yeah, lets all feign surprise. This is why celeb endorsements never work. What's worse is people care so much.
    They wouldn't be celebs if folks don't care?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    09-15-14 10:25 AM
    oh really?

How did you get the information on his contract? would love to see a copy.
    I hear what your saying but I don't know. Isn't it kind of implied?

Not Fours Years But A Lifetime
    09-15-14 10:26 AM
    That explains.
    But seriously, a twitter assistant lol? What do you study to become one haha ? Bachelor degree in twitter?

Probably a degree in communications. It's been awhile since I've been in college, but I wonder if some schools these days have a degree in communications with an emphasis in social media.
    09-15-14 10:31 AM
    Probably a degree in communications. It's been awhile since I've been in college, but I wonder if some schools these days have a degree in communications with an emphasis in social media.
    I've heard of telecommunications Engineering but it has nothing to do with it. Probably administration and public relations.

09-15-14 10:49 AM
    This celebrity endorsement is just a joke

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 12:51 PM
    He is getting payed to market this device in both his public and personal life. Tweeting through an iPhone to the public while you're in a contract with an other company is just stupid.
    It's like Steve Jobs going out to the public with a blackberry or a samsung.

Well, any celebrity who signs up to, or accepts an endorsement deal and then doesn't abide by its "letter" as well as "spirit" has probably made him/herself unviable for anyone else's future consideration. I'd say Alicia Keys is probably off limits for many potential companies, at least in the medium term, though there's always one somewhere willing to throw caution to the wind.

It's also a well-publicized fact that Google CEO Eric Schmidt loves his Blackberry despite leading the company that makes the most widely used portable O/S. Whether that's "still" the case I don't know, but from the Z10's launch until about a year ago it was referred-to frequently, though if I was Eric Schmidt I would have used the "competitive research" as a plausible explanation.
    09-15-14 10:44 PM
    I think it's kind of cheap and desperate for Samsung to repeatedly have a go at Apple the way they do. It's no accident that you NEVER hear apple mention Samsung. And that must really get under their skin. And doesn't this happen EVERY SINGLE TIME Samsung pays some "celebrity" to shill their devices?

This must really set them off. This,...and the fact that Apple makes so much more profit with so many fewer devices.
    Issa-7 likes this.
    09-15-14 11:04 PM
    I think it's kind of cheap and desperate for Samsung to repeatedly have a go at Apple the way they do.
    Don't kid yourself that Apple won't go after their competitors. The recent WWDC where Tim Cook made some snide, condescending remark about Android being #1 ... in Malware comes to mind.

09-15-14 11:08 PM
    Well,...Android IS number one in malware. But that's not samsung's fault, so Cook didn't say "Samsung is number one in malware."

Android is not Samsung, and Samsung is not Android.
    09-16-14 03:04 AM
    If I were a celebrity, I might accept an endorsement contract for a Product I like or was indifferent to (the latter applies to Ms. Keys I think) but if I were a company looking for a celebrity endorsement, I'd make absolutely SURE they were a fan and work with them on resolving any issues they had with my product. After doing that, i'd release the 'so-and-so Edition'.

Alicia Keys was yet another Heins era fiasco.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly! You are a spokesperson? Be damn sure its your brand! Otherwise....don't accept the big bucks if you can't be faithful!
    09-16-14 04:44 AM
    If you use him as a yard stick to celebrities dignity, you ought to include 95% of all in the entertainment industry. You should see the number of celebrities who endorse products in some foreign countries. As regards to fans, depending on what demographics in terms of age, maturity and education. Just because someone like Maroon 5 music does not translate into will buy anything endorse by it's lead singer.

Posted via CB10
    And they stipulate those ads never be seen in the US because many are for products that might not work well with their carefully crafted Hollywood persona. It's a lot of money dangled in front of them.
    09-16-14 07:27 AM
    Integrity be damned when big money is involved!
    09-16-14 08:55 AM
43 12