I got my 8700C a few months ago for $50 to see if I would like a blackberry. So now I'm wanting a better one. I'm wanting a camera, full keypad, and sd slot. Which one would be right for me. I use it for personal use. Look online a lot and like adding ringtones and themes

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-08 11:03 AM
    10-08-08 11:05 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

I really like my Curve, it is easy to use and the screen is adequately large for most needs. The keyboard is a joy to use, the Media Play and Camera make it an all in one package.

The new software, the midlife refresh, has added plenty of refinements and new features, keeps it totally fresh and well ahead of the next guy.

Plus, Curves are being sold off at bargain prices because a lot of owners are trading up to the more expensive models. Some bargains for the careful shopper.

I am sure you will get a balanced set of opinions on all of the currently available models.
    10-08-08 12:42 PM
    Like you, I started with the 8700C with and was hooked. I would advise upgrading to the 8300 series curve. Since they've been discontinued, you can get a good price on used or new ones, without contract obligation.

Looking at user reviews, the only BB models I see getting a higher review than the original Curve is the Bold.

Is there anyone who had the Curve 8330 with VZW then upgraded to either the newer Curve, Storm or Bold, and if so do you feel the newer models better than the 8330?
    06-04-10 08:37 AM
    Wow, this thread came up out of nowhere! Post from back in 2008, and then one today!

I had an 8330 with US Cellular for about 2 years prior to switching over to the Tour and VZW, and I feel that alot of the newer models are a definite step up from the 83xx model devices. While the 83xx Curve was a fantastic device, it did have it's shorcomings, such as memory, processor speed, etc. I wouldn't suggest anyone pick up a BB unless it had 256mb of memory. The Bold 9000 comes with 128mb, and that's fairly sufficient, but even that is fairly low...

The original Curve was great, but I wouldn't give up my Tour to go back to it, that's for damn sure...
    06-04-10 10:17 AM
    Like you, I started with the 8700C with and was hooked. I would advise upgrading to the 8300 series curve. Since they've been discontinued, you can get a good price on used or new ones, without contract obligation.

Looking at user reviews, the only BB models I see getting a higher review than the original Curve is the Bold.

Is there anyone who had the Curve 8330 with VZW then upgraded to either the newer Curve, Storm or Bold, and if so do you feel the newer models better than the 8330?
    If you have VZW and like a QWERTY keyboard, not a touchscreen, by far the 9650 Bold is the best available. It is brand new and has 512 MB memory, Wi-Fi, 3.2 mp camera with flash, trackpad.
    06-04-10 10:35 AM

I had an 8330 for over a year and loved that thing...but then I got a storm 2. The s2 is so much better IMO because everything is faster and the larger screen. Storm 2 is by far the best device I've ever owned...the 8330 is just too outdated.

06-04-10 12:46 PM
    The 9700 would be a great choice for you!

06-04-10 03:50 PM
    The 9700 would be a great choice for you!

It will not work on VZW. However, the brand new 9650 will.
    06-04-10 04:30 PM
    thanks for the response of all of you to my question. Seems like consensus on upgrading from original curve is either Storm2, Tour or Bold 9650. Sounds like a plan. CHunter81, have you upgraded from your 8700C yet?
    06-16-10 07:22 PM
    I love my tour, so i would recomend the bold 9650
    06-16-10 08:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD