I saw it before I got my BlackBerry, and it was a tutorial on how to change things on your phone - and from what I remember there was a setting that you could change to improve call quality, and there were warnings all over the thread about how it could brick your phone, etc. Sorry, my description isn't that great but that's all I remember. Does anyone have that link? Thanks!
    11-17-10 03:09 PM
    I saw it before I got my BlackBerry, and it was a tutorial on how to change things on your phone - and from what I remember there was a setting that you could change to improve call quality, and there were warnings all over the thread about how it could brick your phone, etc. Sorry, my description isn't that great but that's all I remember. Does anyone have that link? Thanks!
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...screen-548537/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/adva...et-use-512322/
    pkcable and Reed McLay like this.
    11-17-10 03:12 PM
    11-17-10 03:14 PM
    DAMN, you just beat me too it, have one of those 2 in my clip board as we speak.

PROCEED WITH EXTREME CAUTION AS THIS CAN BRICK YOUR PHONE!!!!!!!
    11-17-10 03:14 PM
    Yea as PKC said, this can and will brick your device in a heart beat. There is no way to restore the defaults back to make the phone work again.
    11-17-10 03:18 PM
    DAMN, you just beat me too it, have one of those 2 in my clip board as we speak.

PROCEED WITH EXTREME CAUTION AS THIS CAN BRICK YOUR PHONE!!!!!!!
    Yea as PKC said, this can and will brick your device in a heart beat. There is no way to restore the defaults back to make the phone work again.
    The only thing I'm even considering is this one, because people sometimes say that my call quality is muffled/etc. Is this one safe/easy to do?

Hack 1

Enable EVRC-B

ALT+SHIFT+H

Click Radio Engineering Screen (multi)

CDMA Radio Engineering Screen

Test Call Screen

EVRC-B

Click the BB key go to Enable EVRC-B

Your Device will reboot, and then when you go back into the menu, you will see it is toggled to enable, and voice quality will be much better.
    11-17-10 03:21 PM
    The only thing I'm even considering is this one, because people sometimes say that my call quality is muffled/etc. Is this one safe/easy to do?
    I've seen on some Android forums that enabling -B actually worsens things.
    11-17-10 03:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD