Hi All,

We're looking for testers to help us test a BlackBerry app - location based search, mail, etc. We're offering an attractive payout

If you are interesting send me an email to roy@utest dot com with Your Blackberry model name (example: Curve, Pearl, Storm)
    Your OS version # (example: version 4.5.0.131)
    Your wireless carrier (example: Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile)

Thanks,

Roy
    03-28-09 08:20 PM
    whats the payout
    03-28-09 08:42 PM
    Id like to be a tester. email sent
    03-28-09 08:47 PM
    Id like to brick my phone. email sent
    Fixed it for you
    03-28-09 08:53 PM
    Fixed it for you

Great way to get your post count up. another troll with nothing better to do
    03-28-09 09:06 PM
    wats the pay?????????
    03-28-09 09:09 PM
    Great way to get your post count up. another troll with nothing better to do
    While I won't argue that I am a troll most of the time, or that I had nothing better to do....however my post was more a jab at the OP than you. Here's why

Mystery developer makes a single post in the wrong forum (we have a Third party apps forum for this exact purpose) asking for beta testers for a program he may or may not be developing. He does not mention who his company/team is, details about the app, and details about what they need in a beta tester. All he asks for is your name, your phone model, your OS, and your carrier. Then he throws the bait out there.....payout. Without even asking so much as "what exactly does the app do?", you (and presumably others) email him. Fake our not (utest.com is an actual software/hardware testing company so that part at least feels legit), you gotta be smarter about who you start handing your email address to.
    03-29-09 12:05 PM
    Though I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, I'm with Norsk on this. This guy just became a member here this month and his only post is requesting that you email him to get an app he's developing.

Ever think this might be a bit of phishing for your email??
    03-29-09 12:08 PM
    That's why you use a throwaway email address.
    03-29-09 01:10 PM
    We've posted additional info on the uTest Blog - blog.utest.com, i can't post the URL here since this is a new user.

And no, I'm not a troll. Just looking for the right people with I think a valid offer or opportunity.

Thanks,

Roy
    03-30-09 04:51 PM
    i came across this last week as well. here is the direct link: QA For Mobile Apps | uTest Blog. sounds like a great opportunity to test out pre-release Blackberry applications! thanks for the info.
    04-06-09 11:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD