I’ve been considering giving android another try after being on Apple for a while. would really like the BlackBerry motion but there hard to find because they’re not making them anymore.
    does anybody have a suggestion on an android phone that would run the BlackBerry apps and be similar to the motion as far as form factor and build quality. Would like a phone that doesn’t necessarily require a phone case because it’s made from glass
    10-30-19 10:45 AM
    I’ve been considering giving android another try after being on Apple for a while. would really like the BlackBerry motion but there hard to find because they’re not making them anymore.
    does anybody have a suggestion on an android phone that would run the BlackBerry apps and be similar to the motion as far as form factor and build quality. Would like a phone that doesn’t necessarily require a phone case because it’s made from glass
    Nokia 7.2, Samsung A70, or Pixel 3a. All excellent mid-rangers with nice cameras and 3 years of updates.
    10-30-19 11:05 AM
    Any mid level and up slab will do!
    10-30-19 12:02 PM
    Isn’t there a phone out there that has a more sturdier build like the motion. You know the kind that you can sit on the table and not worry about it shattered in a million pieces because the backside is glass or some cheap plastic
    10-30-19 12:10 PM
    Isn’t there a phone out there that has a more sturdier build like the motion. You know the kind that you can sit on the table and not worry about it shattered in a million pieces because the backside is glass or some cheap plastic
    The three phones I listed have all passed sturdiness tests.
    10-30-19 12:26 PM
    The three phones I listed have all passed sturdiness tests.
    I looked them up. They just don’t look very appealing with those plastic back sides.
    10-30-19 12:32 PM
    I looked them up. They just don’t look very appealing with those plastic back sides.
    You won't find better in the mid-range class that will deliver constant security and OS updates for 3 years. They all have excellent cameras too.

I wouldn't touch anything else unless you were going flagship.
    Skidoo583 likes this.
    10-30-19 12:36 PM
    You won't find better in the mid-range class that will deliver constant security and OS updates for 3 years. They all have excellent cameras too.

I wouldn't touch anything else unless you were going flagship.
    probably just being to picky. I’m just sick of Chinsy built phones that requires a case so they don’t break.
    10-30-19 12:38 PM
    I'm using a Pixel 2 XL, albeit with a slim case. Very sturdy phone so far.
    10-30-19 01:25 PM
    probably just being to picky. I’m just sick of Chinsy built phones that requires a case so they don’t break.
    A case you can replace every year.... and that is simply the trend in smartphones.

People are keeping them MUCH longer than the use to.... no "body" is going to hold up to three or four years, without protection.

I get what you want... but you are in the minority. Along with those that want a PKB or a removable battery, or a phone without apps....
    10-30-19 01:26 PM
    A case you can replace every year.... and that is simply the trend in smartphones.

People are keeping them MUCH longer than the use to.... no "body" is going to hold up to three or four years, without protection.

I get what you want... but you are in the minority. Along with those that want a PKB or a removable battery, or a phone without apps....
    Pixel 3A is a great value, and will be supported for years to come....
    elfabio80 likes this.
    10-30-19 01:28 PM
    As others have said, every phone will just need a case to last 3-4 years. All the VKBs mentioned by conite and Dunt are worthy.
    10-30-19 02:19 PM
    Go hold a Pixel 3a in your hand. You won't find it cheap feeling or "chinsy". It actually feels great in hand without a case. I used one my dad picked up last summer for @ 3 weeks. Loved not having to put a case on like my Samsung S9. (Like the S9 as a slab with my BlackBerry HUB and apps but it requires a Spigen Rugged or Clear case)
    10-30-19 03:21 PM
    Go hold a Pixel 3a in your hand. You won't find it cheap feeling or "chinsy". It actually feels great in hand without a case. I used one my dad picked up last summer for @ 3 weeks. Loved not having to put a case on like my Samsung S9. (Like the S9 as a slab with my BlackBerry HUB and apps but it requires a Spigen Rugged or Clear case)
    They don’t look to bad. Is the back grippy kinda looks like it from the pictures I just looked at
    10-30-19 07:41 PM
    The Pixel 3a is basically a keyboardless LE...

...with a MUCH MUCH better camera.

Same battery capacity, same plastic build, same price point
    10-30-19 07:50 PM
    Get the Nokia 7.2 you won't be disappointed.
    10-30-19 08:14 PM
    There's only one logical choice. The TCL Plex. A great VKB and a good price from the same company, and you can add the blackberry sticker on the back yourself. 😉
    11-01-19 01:04 AM
    Also Xiami Mi A2 is a very competitive phone running android one program so getting updates directly from google.
    11-01-19 06:06 AM
    There's only one logical choice. The TCL Plex. A great VKB and a good price from the same company, and you can add the blackberry sticker on the back yourself.
    Useless slab no one needs or asked for lol
    11-01-19 08:14 AM
    11-01-19 09:08 AM
    Also Xiami Mi A2 is a very competitive phone running android one program so getting updates directly from google.
    Wow That looks like a lot of phone for the money. It $154.00 on amazon and is listed as a amazon choice product.
    11-01-19 09:15 AM
    That's not what Android One means.

Android One makes it easier for the OEM to push updates because it limits the amount of customisations that are permitted.

It's also a commitment on behalf of the OEM to provide two years of updates and three years of security patches.
    11-01-19 09:26 AM
    Useless slab no one needs or asked for lol
    Look, you have to be Plexible...
    the_boon likes this.
    11-01-19 11:47 AM