It's almost Christmas and i'm looking for a new phone, I currently have a unlocked Rodgers Bold 9900 that is using T-Mobiles network on 2G and internet doesn't work. Having a budget in mind I sadly can't afford the Passport or Priv. Should I buy a T-Mobile 9900 for 4G or is there something i'm missing with BB10? I'm looking for the best battery life and something that I can use for years to come.
    12-18-15 10:34 PM
    For what it is worth, I am a huge fan of the Q.

If you are content with the 9900, that is use your phone mainly for emails, BBM, SMS, etc., and phone calls, then you will like the Q. It has the removable battery and a similar footprint. And while others might disagree, coming from the Q, you will think the screen large. Have had my Q's since release and can not fault them, except for the double typing. Although I understand the double typing is fixed with the latest OS. I prefer to remain on 10.2.XXXX and simply physically change out the PKB on one or two Q's.

Note there is a learning curve with BB10, but not as severs as claimed by many. In the end it is what you need.
    12-18-15 10:42 PM
    Do you know if the battery life would be better and the keyboard since it's straight and not really curved?
    12-18-15 10:53 PM
    Having been a fan of the traditional keyboard you get with blackberries I too was sceptical about going to BB10 and more so to a touchscreen phone. It was something I wasn't fond of. My natural progression therefore, was the Q10 and looked out for deals along those lines.

I ended up with a Z10, and although the BB10 system what you need to know I picked up within 30 seconds of the phone booting up, a few years on I'm still learning shortcuts or little tricks you stumble upon. The touchscreen side took a bit more getting used to; i'd gone from pearl, to bold, to torch, to curve... so I was used to using a physical keyboard. My torch I barely touched the touchscreen side of it. I'd barely played with other people's touchscreens... maybe playing with the odd iPhone here and there over the years. The actual gesture use etc was easy to pick up but getting used to a new way of typing without feeling the keyboard took a good few weeks to master.

Having said that, now I wouldn't consider going back to a keyboard. I've now got a z30 which I cannot praise enough.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-15 04:19 AM