I need a GPS software, that fits the following criteria.

I need it to have turn by turn.
    I need it to use my GPS on my phone.
    I need it to download the maps already, meaning No Data!!
    I need it to be free?

I tried wetravel, but it gave me an error when I tried to run the app on my phone. Is there a tutorial on how to get it for the Blackberry 8900.

I'm sorry, I know that there are a million other threads out there, for GPS, but I have yet to find one that is GPS reliant and free, with NO data.
    07-25-10 01:03 PM
    If you need preloaded maps, you might want to consider TrekBuddy and Mobile GMaps. These are the only two mapping apps that I know of for the BlackBerry that don't use real-time data. I haven't used either.
    07-25-10 03:00 PM
    What you need is an actual gps.

For what you are asking its not going to happen on a blackberry. ESPECIALLY ASKING FOR N DATA! Why do people get blackberry and don't get data.

Do people these days buy a computer and not get the internet?

*baffled*
    There are always paper maps!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-10 03:29 PM
    I was given the blackberry for free, and I can't afford a data plan, because I can't find a job. Jesus, sorry for asking.
    07-26-10 01:41 AM
    Mobile GMaps sounds like probably the best option.
    07-26-10 04:01 PM
    No data gps would come in handy when you enter areas where there is spotty cell coverage... Google maps stops working once you lose data reception.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-10 06:16 PM
    Mobile GMaps sounds like probably the best option.
    The thing is that, It doesn't give directions. I have no use for it, if it only gives me my position.

Tomtom, isn't that software, exactly what I need? Except you have to pay for it, and it's now discontinued. Anyway I can still get it?
    07-26-10 09:59 PM
    I don't think there are any turn-by-turn options for BlackBerry that don't use data. All of them require servers to calculate the routes.

About the only thing close to that would be arrow mode in amAze. It will still use data to calculate the route, but as long as you are on arrow mode, it won't use data again unless you go off route.
    07-27-10 02:35 PM
    Well, I will probably be able to use my WiFi before I go on the trip/route. Is there anything that will cache the maps before, then use those maps during it?

Also, Isn't amAze, like terrible now?
    07-27-10 03:33 PM
    I have a 9700 and just downloaded wwwmapcachercom Map Creation Tool for MGMaps Mapcacher is the download link for the MAP data. I use this in conjunction with MG MAPS free gps application. I am traveling to Paris, and want to get around easy, and do not want to use the expensive international data connection. I tested it already, and it works perfect. Just follow the video step by step on you tube that somebody already posted wwwyoutubecom/watch?v=gav9sOMLBGo YouTube - MgMaps Installation on Blackberry 9700[/url] - IT WORKS GREAT. (its a little tetious to install the program, then create the data, but IT DOES WORK!!!!
    08-18-10 03:36 AM
    go for gpsmid
    free, turn by turn direction, voice navi, POIs, map is onboard memory( means ist offline, hence no data plan needed)
    gpsmid.sourceforge.net/

IF YOUR PHONE IS A NON TOUCHSCREEN PHONE AND YOUR "CITY", not the "country" or the state" map, IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE "READY TO GO MAP" , I suggest u to create your own map using the osm2gpsmid, dont use their "READY TO GO MAP", country and state map can be pretty big(>10mb big)

i works on my bb 9000
    if there is any problem just pm me.

hope this help
    Last edited by milkboy; 08-27-10 at 05:36 AM. Reason: extra info
    08-27-10 05:32 AM
    The thing is that, It doesn't give directions. I have no use for it, if it only gives me my position.

Tomtom, isn't that software, exactly what I need? Except you have to pay for it, and it's now discontinued. Anyway I can still get it?
    Regarding Google Maps not giving directions, it isn't turn-by-turn voice but it does show the travel route and where to turn.
    08-27-10 06:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD