Just curious as to the thoughts of current BB owners. When your upgrade comes on your wireless network (whenever that may be), will you be getting a new BB, or be seeking to switch to another device? And at the moment, which device are you thinking about getting, and why will you be switching or staying put with BB?
    07-07-10 12:13 AM
    i am still thinking about this one.. but i'm pretty sure i am sticking with BB
    07-07-10 12:15 AM
    My next upgrade will probably be either the 9800 or an LTE BlackBerry!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-10 12:20 AM
    More than likely staying with BB. I really don't like the Android phones

07-07-10 12:22 AM
    yea, the form factor of the android phones dont tempt me. i would rather die than use an iphone. next phone will be a BB, just a matter of when and what. so far my 9700 is working well enough that i probably wont be needing a new one anytime soon.
    07-07-10 12:31 AM
    yea, the form factor of the android phones dont tempt me. i would rather die than use an iphone. next phone will be a BB, just a matter of when and what. so far my 9700 is working well enough that i probably wont be needing a new one anytime soon.
    My thoughts exactly, My Tour is doing great, the bold is out for sprint but im not in a rush to get it, I think im waiting for OS 6 to come out before I upgrade.
    07-07-10 12:40 AM
    My thoughts exactly, My Tour is doing great, the bold is out for sprint but im not in a rush to get it, I think im waiting for OS 6 to come out before I upgrade.
    the trackpad was mostly that convinced me to upgrade to the 9700 from the 8900. but i absolutely miss the 8900 looks vs the square looking 9700. the 8900 has shape and a better keypad. i still think about going back to it. i just wish i could have the 8900 with 3G and a trackpad. i would never need another BB.
    07-07-10 12:46 AM
    I was thinking of jumping to a Droid X but I'm having second thoughts due to concerns about battery life mostly. My Storm1 is still doing fine by me, I get good battery life, and I have spare batteries plus a few other accessories that I don't really want to spend $$ to replace. It still does everything I need it to do. I mostly use it for phoning, messaging, email, and listening to audiobooks about 4 to 5 hours a day, plus an occasional movie. I would like the bigger 4.3 screen and a better browser for my aging eyes but I'm pretty sure I'm going to wait a while. I may just hang on to the Storm for a long stretch and see what develops in the "Pad" computer format to accompany my Storm. I went from an ancient beat-to-crap Treo 650 to the Storm 1 back when it first released, so I'm quite comfortable with obsolescence.
    07-07-10 12:47 AM
    I am definatly going to switch to an iPhone if I can ever get out of this contract with Verizon. I've had so much trouble with this tour and I feel that RIM is obsolete. This phone feels cheaply made, the web browser sucks and it just isnt as compatible with my computer (a mac) as I would like it to be. Basically I dont see why anyone would choose a blackberry over even an android phone when all these other phones can do everything better than my blackberry. The only thing I like about my blackberry is BBM, but now that nobody has blackberries, its worthless.
    07-07-10 01:02 AM
    I am definatly going to switch to an iPhone if I can ever get out of this contract with Verizon. I've had so much trouble with this tour and I feel that RIM is obsolete. This phone feels cheaply made, the web browser sucks and it just isnt as compatible with my computer (a mac) as I would like it to be. Basically I dont see why anyone would choose a blackberry over even an android phone when all these other phones can do everything better than my blackberry. The only thing I like about my blackberry is BBM, but now that nobody has blackberries, its worthless.
    if someones blackberry does what they need it to do, then thats why someone would choose it over an andriod device. quite frankly, i wouldnt consider RIM obsolete. they are based on a platform that has worked very well for them for a long time, that people like and are used to. i used to always get new phones that come out and usually opted for the best of the best. for once in my life, im actually content with what my blackberry has to offer me even if there are technically better devices out there. android is still in baby stages, most of your average people havent heard of it nor know what it is.
    07-07-10 01:09 AM
    I am def going to upgrade from my 8330 to a Droid Incredible or Droid X this month. The OS on my curve seems so outdated and I'm slowly losing my bbm contacts to iPhone and Android. Also I browsw the web a lot and am looking forward to the bigger screen and better browser of an Android phone! Only thing I'm worried about is the battery life...

07-07-10 01:18 AM
    My next upgrade will be either the Bold 9700 or the Slider 9800.
    07-07-10 01:26 AM
    I am def going to upgrade from my 8330 to a Droid Incredible or Droid X this month. The OS on my curve seems so outdated and I'm slowly losing my bbm contacts to iPhone and Android. Also I browsw the web a lot and am looking forward to the bigger screen and better browser of an Android phone! Only thing I'm worried about is the battery life...

all of my friends that have upgraded from an 8330 to a new Bold or Tour say its night and day. the 8330 is becoming severly out of date and slow compared to newer devices. anyone considering relieving their 8330 of duty and jumping to an android phone, should at least look at an upgraded, newer BB. if i was using an 8330, i would consider anything an upgrade.

however, if a bigger screen and better internet experience is what you want, consider a Storm 2. also, if you are losing your BBM contacts to iphone and android devices little by little, i cant blame you for jumping ship too.
    07-07-10 01:29 AM
    I'm looking forward to my next upgrade. By that time Alltel should be ATT in my area and I am for sure going to get another BlackBerry. I definitely like the look of the 9700, but by next year I would assume there will be a nicer phone. If not I would be content with the 9700. Either way I'll be using another berry with my next upgrade.

07-07-10 01:45 AM
    If I can get the Slider 9800 on another network besides ATT... I will never need another phone.

I have been waiting for so long to have a touchscreen/qwerty phone with a BB keyboard. I actually like the Android OS, but I had a Droid for a month and couldn't type for **** on it.

If they made that slider run Android... that would be perfection. But I can deal with the ****ty browser/email if I can still have the BB keyboard I am so used to.
    07-07-10 02:20 AM
    I will wait until OS6 comes out to judge. The only problem is that my Bold 9000 doesn't look like it will last until then. If my phone breaks down before the announcement of OS6, then I'm either going iPhone4 or 9700.
    Last edited by noxdiurna; 07-07-10 at 07:57 AM.
    07-07-10 02:31 AM
    I am leaning towards a Droid, perhaps the X. The touchscreen form factor gives me pause though, because I have gotten very comfortable using the Tour and physical keyboard. The BB Slider model sounds very interesting, but I am not sure Verizon will see that model before it runs its course on ATT and/or Sprint.

The challenge I have with staying with Blackberry, is I don't see any plans to fix the truncated emails issue with Blackberry in RIM's future devices. The new 6.0 OS may solve the browser limitations but I don't see a solution to truncated emails, which can be very annoying if you have a truncated email that you need the rest of email when you're mobile.

I can't stand ATT coverage, I left them to come to Verizon many years ago, and I have no real interest in going back to them. But, like many Verizon users, I'd love to have an Iphone. The Droid is the next best thing to the Iphone. It has many of the similiar apps that Iphone has, that Blackberry either doesn't have or is significantly more cheaper than on Blackberry.

I don't have my NE2 carrier discount until March 2011, so I got a while to wait and see what RIM 6.0 OS can do to meet my future smartphone needs. It is my understanding that Storm 2 is 6.0 upgradable and does have wifi. So, that's an option, but I am mighty tempted to go Droid. And no.. I'll believe Iphone is coming to Verizon when I see it on a Verizon store shelf!
    07-07-10 02:43 AM
    I'm just waiting for the 9800 to hit T-Mo. I'm due for an upgrade plus my boss already said I could order whatever BB I wanted. I told him I'd take a raincheck on that offer...

I just activated a iPhone 4 for the big boss to try out and I must say I wasn't that impressed and somewhat irritated with it. T
    Last edited by TheScionicMan; 07-07-10 at 02:57 AM.
    07-07-10 02:54 AM
    Hellz yah my next upgrade will be a BB. Once you go black you can't go back.
    07-07-10 03:22 AM
    Leaning towards something else. Not gonna go from a 9000 to a 9700. And, would like to check out the 9800, but no official news yet on it or OS6 and I am looking to get a new phone within the next 30 - 45 days.
    07-07-10 03:36 AM
    I'll keep my 9700 until Vodafone run out of replacements then upgrade to another blackberry. I pay �3.50 a month insurance and I get 24 hrs replacement.

07-07-10 04:14 AM
    Just gone from the 8310 to a 9700, and yes the difference is like night and day. The 9700 just does everything instantly and absolutely flies on 3g.

I'm running two lines with a year in-between; this time next year I'm sure I'll be taking on the 9800 or whatever else comes out later this year. I have an iPod Touch and all my friends have iPhones, a couple of room mates have Android and they're lovely bits of kit, but they don't match the BB for messaging and work. I could be wrong but it seems their emphasis is more on the media and consumption of it and will be for a while yet. BlackBerry for producing.
    Last edited by dodger_moore; 07-07-10 at 05:03 AM.
    07-07-10 04:31 AM
    I have an upgrade available now. I will be moving from the Tour to the 9650 Bold. The Tour does everything I need. If it weren't for the track ball, I probably would stay with it. As sexy as some of the Droid phones are, I do not like the touch screen keypads. I like the candy bar form factor so even a slider or flip Blackberry doesn't interest me and an iphone isn't even worth discussing because of ATT.

07-07-10 05:28 AM
    Probably, but I will look at Android too. Next phone will likely be LTE.

07-07-10 08:31 AM
    I'm waiting for T-mo to get the Pearl 9100 so I can replace my Flip. Large fingers like large buttons. I also want the new OS and bluetooth that doesn't die.
    07-07-10 08:40 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD