I called customer service today to get a replacement storm (let's just say mine has problems). spoke with rep then superviser, both told me i couldn't get a new phone. they said they could send me a "Like New" phone. I then went to the retail store and they told me the same thing. they all said that i have exhausted my "one NEW storm." I have until tomorrow with my 30 days and i am freaking out. I don't understand as i read the post by the VZW rep stating that you are allowed "as many new phones as long as you're within your 30 days." I need advice on how to handle this. has anyone been through this? how is everyone getting 2,3,even 4 NEW devices???? Please Help!
    01-12-09 08:56 PM
    Did you talk directly with Tech Support?
    01-12-09 08:57 PM
    yes. no one was helpful... the tech guy at the store didnt know anything i was talking about.... didnt even know where to find app memory in the phone... asked me how to do it
    01-12-09 08:59 PM
    how do I back up my blackberry into a my new imac. I dont care about sincing. I just want to do what i use to do on my pc.
    01-12-09 09:00 PM
    Try calling Verizon back. Ask for tech support, not customer service. Explain you are still under your 30 day warranty and you will accept no less then a new phone or you will cancel your contract in the morning.
    Just an idea...amyone else have some input?
    01-12-09 09:02 PM
    i am sweating this... my 30 days is up tomorrow. i spoke directly with tech support. opt 3. spoke with supervisor as well. he was a ****
    01-12-09 09:04 PM
    Keep escalating. Every supervisor has a supervisor but maybe you should be talking to Retentions. Aka Cancellations, because VZW has failed to make good on its side of the contract, to provide one fully functional brand new touchscreen phone. It will probably concentrate their atttention better if you use the "iPhone" word.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-09 09:41 PM
    think this will work? i have been throught this with verizon before, years ago. it's rediculous. i think i will take your advice and use the iphone word. hopefully they will give in. if not i will look like an ***** because i wont end up leaving, i need this phone
    01-12-09 09:46 PM
    think this will work? i have been throught this with verizon before, years ago. it's rediculous. i think i will take your advice and use the iphone word. hopefully they will give in. if not i will look like an ***** because i wont end up leaving, i need this phone
    The cancelling my account word works well to, BUT be prepared to go thru with it, they might just let you. Chances are thou, you will get your new Storm. G'luck
    Last edited by pkcable; 01-12-09 at 10:19 PM.
    01-12-09 09:52 PM
    thanks, i'm trying it out tomorrow
    01-12-09 09:55 PM
    Can you cancel your contract, return in a few weeks and say you had a change of heart and really want the Storm?
    01-12-09 09:59 PM
    tech and customer service support is open 24 hours a day
    01-12-09 09:59 PM
    Can you cancel your contract, return in a few weeks and say you had a change of heart and really want the Storm?
    Great question. Maybe I'll try that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-09 10:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD