I picked up a unlocked Pearl 8120 last year on eBay and from start if felt flimsy, not like the previous models I have used in the past. These were work issued Pearls and were bullet proof, but I don't remember the model.

Sure enough, at this point the usb charger has broken and most of the keys wont work.

My needs are pretty basic; a dependable Pearl, ATT compatible, used only for texting and voice. Don't need smart phone capability to access the net via ATT or wi-fi.

Also, I am trying to stay under the radar screen with ATT for network usage. My two kids have not had their Blackberry's picked up as smart phones and hence have not been hit with the mandatory blackberry charge.

So, in the Pearl format, what model best fits my needs?
    07-31-10 10:11 AM
    There are only 3 Pearl series, the 81xx, 82xx, and the new 91xx. The 81xx and the 91xx series are rock solid in build. I due believe if your 8120 feels "flimsy", it's because you have a used device. I had my 8120 for 2 years. That baby was a workhorse and never once felt flimsy.
    07-31-10 01:16 PM
    I have a baby blue t-mobile pearl (8120) that is still in good shape. Been tucked away for several months due to I have the 9700. If you are interested in a purchase hit me up in mail. This fone can be unlocked for free @ berrymods.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-10 04:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD