Ok, here's the situation. I'm a student from Hong Kong going to boarding school in the UK, and I have an LG Nexus 4 with an unlimited data PAYG sim card in it, but the problem is, it costs about �1.10 (about $1.65USD) per minute to call home, and that is way too expensive. But, I found another carrier with a PAYG sim card that allows me to call home for 2p (about $0.3USD) per minute, but there is no unlimited data, which I need. So I've come up with conclusion that I need 2 phones (one for calling, texting, and one for internet), but here's another problem. I've already got a bold 9900 at home, but I can't get it until early July because I won't go home until then, and I really need a temporary bb that has wifi and 3G in it, but I don't know which one to choose from because I have a limited budget (<�100 or $150USD) and I'm going to get it second hand or refurb because I'll only be using it for about 3 months. Any suggestions? I already have the bb curve 9360 or the 9300 in mind, but I was just wondering if any of you had any suggestions. Any help at all would be appreciated.
    Last edited by cheeseometer; 04-29-13 at 11:45 AM. Reason: added another phone
    BergerKing likes this.
    04-29-13 11:17 AM
    Ok, here's the situation. I'm a student from Hong Kong going to boarding school in the UK, and I have an LG Nexus 4 with an unlimited data PAYG sim card in it, but the problem is, it costs about �1.10 (about $1.65USD) per minute to call home, and that is way too expensive. But, I found another carrier with a PAYG sim card that allows me to call home for 2p (about $0.3USD) per minute, but there is no unlimited data, which I need. So I've come up with conclusion that I need 2 phones (one for calling, texting, and one for internet), but here's another problem. I've already got a bold 9900 at home, but I can't get it until early July because I won't go home until then, and I really need a temporary bb that has wifi and 3G in it, but I don't know which one to choose from because I have a limited budget (<�100 or $150USD) and I'm going to get it second hand or refurb because I'll only be using it for about 3 months. Any suggestions? I already have the bb curve 9360 or the 9300 in mind, but I was just wondering if any of you had any suggestions. Any help at all would be appreciated.
    You can't have the Nexus unlocked and use the alternate SIM for your calls home? Just an idea. But a 93xx series would probably be easier to find, and easier to carry, unless you could find a cheap Unlocked Tour or 9650 Bold for their World phone feature. Lets see if anyone else has some ideas, 'cause I figure you don't want to have your 9900 risked by having it sent to you by post.
    05-02-13 07:17 AM