Comment if you agree. There is a lot of media about blackberry's future. Yeah there are a couple of companies thinking of buying blackberry but is this the way forward. Personally I think it's not. I think blackberry should not sell. It should make cut backs and layoffs only because all companies go through a tough time it's life get used to it. If blackberry made the cuts like I have said and not waste money on devices that just are not necessary and put hard work in to getting updates out getting on to the app developers to release apps they need and put hard work in to devices which they know will be better than there competitors. I'm not saying blackberry make rubbish devices ( I am a z10 user and it is a Verry good phone) but they should just concentrate on a couple of devices that they know will sell Verry well. I think if they done that they will pull through ok. They should always keep 1 step ahead of all other companies eg Samsung. Apple.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 05:12 PM
    Many posts about this....right now no one knows...
    10-27-13 05:14 PM
    I think the key is shift the demographic's idea of a phone more towards blackberry, rather than have an arms race with apple, samsung etc. They should try to make people like keyboards again, because none of samsung keypads (even the really wide ones) have ever matched up to any of BlackBerry's.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 05:19 PM
    Hi Paul. I'd prefer BlackBerry not be sold either but I'd also prefer BlackBerry to go private. If being acquired is the most strategic way to do this then so be it. I think BlackBerry simply needs to regroup privately and out of the eye of those who scrutinize it the most, the media and the market. Having cut my professional teeth in a start up that never went public and in fact remains a private company today...also a Fortune 500 company, I know first hand that being a privately owned company doesn't mean you are more or less credible. It's just how you choose to operate. BlackBerry will be just fine acquired or not. I have faith in its leadership to sort out what many of them inherited. Thanks for hanging around and supporting the brand and its people. We've got a lot to do and a short time to do it, but we are very well capable of doing it. Stay strong, pal.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 05:20 PM
    yeah I agree eith you 100%.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30.
    10-27-13 05:21 PM
    The problem is there aren't several models that will sell very well. Their best shot has been a huge marketplace disappointment. I've been forced to an Android phone by company policies with regard to sunsetting BES and unavailability of a required mobile device management app but will always be a BlackBerry fan. I hope the company remains a viable part of the smartphone community.

Sent from my XT1080 using CB Forums mobile app
    10-27-13 05:22 PM
    If you can't get the carriers and retailers to carry your phones then you are dead in the water. If you can't get developers to support your platform then you are dead in the water. Offering phone service and basic features isn't going to cut it with users no matter how elegantly you do it.
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    10-27-13 05:41 PM
    It's a chicken-and-the-egg problem, really. Nobody wants to buy a phone that doesn't have a lot of apps, and app developers don't want to develop for a phone that nobody wants to buy.
    10-27-13 06:10 PM
    It's a chicken-and-the-egg problem, really. Nobody wants to buy a phone that doesn't have a lot of apps, and app developers don't want to develop for a phone that nobody wants to buy.
    It's not a chicken and egg problem.
    It was apparent from the beginning that Bb10 wouldn't be able to compete with apple and android.
    Developers knew this & so did consumers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    10-28-13 02:36 AM
    heres the problem, BlackBerry has had 2 years to `regroup` while prepping BB10, that would of been the time when being private would of been useful. As for now? im not sure, i mean what does it actually benifit them? people that think they`ll be less in the spotlight are living in fantasy land. they sell phones in the most competitive market out there and they are now cross platform. do people seriously think the media and such will just gloss over BlackBerry if they are private? and if so do they truly think that lack of exposure would be a good thing?
    10-28-13 02:49 AM
    It's not a chicken and egg problem.
    It was apparent from the beginning that Bb10 wouldn't be able to compete with apple and android.
    Developers knew this & so did consumers.
    Why do you think it was apparent that BB10 wouldn't be able to compete? Was it that BB10 was an inferior OS, or was it that Apple and Android had such domination of the market, and such a loyal user base, that there was no realistic way for BB10 (no matter how good it was) to peel away enough of that user base to be successful?
    10-28-13 09:03 AM
    Well, you certainly don't get to reboot your platform whenever you feel like it. If a company like Microsoft can put all of their considerable resources into the effort and still be a distant 3rd place then I don't see why Blackberry is destined to do any better with much more limited resources.
    10-28-13 09:09 AM
    Sounds like varied opinions. What do you think blackberry should do? What would you do if you were ceo of blackberry?

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 12:28 PM