Great web site folks!

I've had the same cell number since 1993 and have been on VZ since 2000.

Been waiting for a Blackberry for quite some time and have narrowed it down to the Tour and the upcoming Storm 2.

I've read virtually every thread on the forum about the two and have been extremely patient.

On Sunday, my Motorola Vcast phone fried and stopped working. The VZ techs said the phone is finished. Fifteen months of use, pathetic.

OK, grabbed the four year old Motorola backup and it's barely puttering along... but still working.

I need a new phone soon and have decided on a BB. Honestly, am trying to wait it out for the Storm 2 to get released and reviewed so that I could compare it to the Tour and then go to the VZ store and buy one.

Is there any reason to get the Tour now rather than waiting it out for the Storm 2? Like I said, I've been waiting patiently but time might be of the essence if this backup phone hits the skids.

BTW, the phone will be used for all business e-mails, browsing, stock market updates... not used for games, tunes, etc.

Thoughts?
    09-17-09 11:59 AM
    Really it all comes down to touchscreen and full keyboard.
    09-17-09 12:08 PM
    I like keyboards, but that's just me
    09-17-09 12:33 PM
    What about the WiFi part of the equation? And the LED 'flimsy' screen on the Tour? Those would be the kicker(s) for me.

WiFi: Needed on the Tour? Better with the Storm 2?

Telling myself... patience.
    09-17-09 12:55 PM
    I suggest the Tour because i like QWERTY keyboard devices better, but the Storm2 has Wifi...it depends on wether you prefer Virtual keyboard or physical and do you need Wifi!!
    09-17-09 12:58 PM
    09-17-09 12:58 PM
    TOUR
    not even close
    09-17-09 01:57 PM
    Anything but the Storm.
    09-17-09 03:11 PM
    FWIW, I bought a barely used Motorola W755 from Craigslist loaded with accessories for an inexpensive price and this will tide me over until the Storm 2 gets released along with the accompanying reviews.

I decided WiFi is important as well as an OS that is fast and stable.

The Tour looks to be fine but from what I've read in the forum(s), it's an intermediary product release for the time-being.

Patience... I can wait a little longer for the Blackberry that will fit my needs better.
    09-22-09 09:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD