The media is simply pouring it on, poor RIM they just can't get a break. The story itself is quite useless but only serves to cast more negativity over RIM. Who cares about this one store anyway but media reports like this don't do RIM any good. I am anxiously awaiting BB10!!

RIM's Sole Stand-Alone BlackBerry Store Serves as Reminder of Failed Corporate Strategy - WSJ.com
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    04-18-12 08:11 AM
    I would say that any business located in that urban Dante's Inferno called Detroit would be quite a lonely business indeed.
    04-18-12 08:14 AM
    you have to remember that journalists stopped actually looking for news a long time ago and just pander to what they believe the majority want to hear.
    Truth doesnt sell news, popular prejudices do every time.
    04-18-12 08:19 AM
    It doesn't appear to be a RIM Blackberry owned store, but a store owned by Wireless Giant that sells Blackberry products. So, to say it is RIMs "RIM's Sole Stand-Alone Outlet" is incorrect. The store is a better reflection of Wireless Giant and not RIM.
    04-18-12 08:31 AM
    I think it's a fantastic story of survival of a small business in a very hostile consumer environment. How else could RIM manage to keep a small store open when companies like GM were going broke?

That should have been the story, retold, but thats not what the people want to read I guess.

04-18-12 08:41 AM
    It doesn't appear to be a RIM Blackberry owned store, but a store owned by Wireless Giant that sells Blackberry products. So, to say it is RIMs "RIM's Sole Stand-Alone Outlet" is incorrect. The store is a better reflection of Wireless Giant and not RIM.
    Yea but this store was originally purchased by RIM when they tried to expand into the USA.

Anyway this article is misleading like many others, but this isn't the first time the wall street journal has a made up story, just to sell their news
    04-18-12 08:41 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...sj-717320-new/

Already a thread on this story, posted yesterday.
    04-18-12 08:42 AM
    04-18-12 08:42 AM
    That story is factually wrong in several ways. If it is in fact owned by Wireless Giant, they have 8 BlackBerry stores in the USA:

BlackBerry Store
    04-18-12 08:48 AM
    lazy journalism....
    04-18-12 08:54 AM
    That story is factually wrong in several ways. If it is in fact owned by Wireless Giant, they have 8 BlackBerry stores in the USA:

BlackBerry Store
    As someone tried to explain to you in the other thread, it is indeed the only stand-alone store (as compared to airport kiosks). As also pointed out to you, the article does mention those seven other kiosks.

The article calls it "a stand-alone store" in the headline. It states it is operated by Wireless Giant. What is incorrect again?

I remember when the store was launched (though, for the life me, I do not remember it being in a Detroit suburb). It was lauded by me and others.
    04-18-12 09:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD