I have had troubles with 4.5 .77 Beta. Installed it with all of my OLD apps/themes. It would operate for a few functions but if left alone it would timeout. It would light up when a key was pressed but I could not get the trackball, menukey, etc to work. Rebooted a number of times. No good. Uninstalled and went back to 4.2...196 from Verizon. That was August.

Yesterday after hearing all the positives, I decided to try again with the Bell 4.5 official. Same old same!!! Lockups. But I had left my apps and themes. Pared some off - still lockups. Pared more. Lockups.

Today I used JL-cmdr to WIPE. I believe it did it. I got the 507 (was it) screen.

Reinstalled 4.5. Not much other that what the OS installs. LOCKUPS.

I've just removed my Verizon Simcard and my Sandisk 8gig card and will try again but it is getting pretty exasperating.

Anyone have any ideas?

Is there more than a JL-cmdr wipe. I mean STRIP IT CLEAN????

Hmmmmmmmm. Scientific method (must be the new administration!!! (G))

WITHOUT Simcard and WITHOUT 8gig sandisk: It seems to be working after visit youtube and some other horsing around it may still be working. I've just re-synced my contacts and calendar, memos and password keeper data. I'll see how it goes now
    Last edited by F2; 02-09-09 at 09:38 PM.
    02-09-09 08:55 PM
    Reply to my own message:

I think it was the 8gig media card. I removed all bbthumb...dat files from the unit (reformatting and placing all the files back did NOT work). It appears that some 4.2 index created for media files was not good under 4.5??

I will report back later. The battery door remains off and the sim card is still NOT inside the unit.
    02-10-09 08:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD