Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lock

24 30.38%
  • Standby

49 62.03%
  • You put your BlackBerry DOWN?!?

6 7.59%
    Omg, standby is one thing I never knew about, lol.

So I tried it today, I like it. I normally have it locked down if I put it in my purse,etc. But got real tired of it entering wrong passwords alone. It looks like standby is going to work out better, and my phone automatically locks after a hour.

Learn something new everyday, lol.
    08-28-08 11:33 AM
    O wow...see this is why I LOVE CB!!!! Cuz I never knew abt the stand by feature b4 now...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-08 01:53 PM
    standby for me one touch
    08-28-08 01:56 PM
    Actually, I do both about even ... but now that someone has brought it up, it seems more practical to go stand by in most cases ... and its only one button action. Having had mostly slider phones, I am used to locking the keys before going in the case ... so its a habit I am trying to kick.

I have only had the Curve for a few days ... my first smart phone ... I am loving it so far!
    08-28-08 03:51 PM
    I prefer key lock
    08-28-08 03:57 PM
    I dont think anyone is dumb enuf to f^ with me.
    Don't you kid yourself lady .

I use AutoStandby. It solves the problem nicely for me.
    08-28-08 05:03 PM
    I've never locked my Curve, but I put it on standby on all the time.
    08-31-08 12:14 AM
    I just bought an 8330 Curve - two of them actually. One for me and the other for the Mrs. I may be on a different type of crack and my better half isn't here right now for me to double-check, but I'm pretty sure that her pouch puts hers to sleep and my pouch is locking my phone. Both of them are the same out of the box pouches. Am I smoking something or is there some setting in the phone to tell it what to do when put in the pouch? I've looked through manuals and on websites but haven't found anything yet...
    I'm not in love with what I have to do to unlock the phone and am hoping for a solution that will let me use standby in the pouch.
    09-03-08 04:48 PM
    standby when not using, my holster for the otterbox doesn't put it to sleep so i put it in standby myself, not a big deal to me.
    09-06-08 10:27 AM
    I despise holsters so i've set keyboard lock to the left convenience key and slip it in my pocket. works great!
    09-06-08 11:10 AM
    does anyone ever do both or am I just nuts?
    I did the samething.

09-06-08 12:55 PM
    how do u suspend BB? i have 8100
    09-06-08 04:12 PM
    I lock mine and holster
    locking just became a habit after using phones before blackberry and I would randomly call people
    09-06-08 05:02 PM
    Standby for me, more convenient.
    09-06-08 05:17 PM
    I use a holster to sleep it & have it also set to PW lock after 1 hr-BUT after reading this thread-I think I'll just use the key lock shortcut from now on when I need to password protect.

The holster standby is good-except there's a delayed reaction when I holster it so there are sometimes accidental trackball clicks just B4 it sleeps.

(My holster doesn't have a groove 4 the trackball)

No mis-dials yet [fingers crossed]

_dave_

09-06-08 07:13 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD