What I want to do is only lock my BB manually. I have set the auto feature to lock after 1 hour (I'd really like to disable that feature all together).

I set the password, and set the "Lock upon holstering" to No.

However, it still locks when I insert it into the holster. I would like for it to remain unlocked unless I actually do the locking myself.

Is that possible or is the locking a security feature that cannot be overridden once the password is set?
    11-19-10 07:25 AM
    What device model number?
    What OS version on the device?
    11-19-10 10:59 AM
    You are referring to the security timeout. One hour is the maximum security timeout you can have with the password enabled. To remove the security timeout you'd have to disable the password.

In either event I will caution you, I think its a very foolish move. If you ever left your Berry unattended, or you dropped it, or left it in the back of a cab, or any number of stupid things I've done in my life, the person who finds it will have access to all your contacts, addresses, emails, etc.. and that worries me. I have a 5 minute security timeout and a password that I can enter with one hand. Once you get into the habit its not a big deal. Just something to think about.
    Last edited by rocco225; 11-19-10 at 02:02 PM.
    11-19-10 01:58 PM
    I agree with everything you have said. As the owner of a computer consulting firm, security is top of my list.

To answer previous questions, its an 8830 and I just updated to the latest O/S, I believe its 4.5.

I would like to be able to turn security on and off when I need it, not when the BB thinks I need it. I appreciate the necessity for automatic implementation of the lock facility, But I would just like to not have it turned on when I put it in the holster as it does now.

If that's not possible, no big deal, I can live with a one-handed p/w.
    11-20-10 07:33 AM