08-25-10 02:23 PM
116 1234 ...
tools
    zevinzion,

I would suggest a complete wipe. Seems like something in the settings is messed up. (just a thought).

You wouldn't have had installed any application (3rd party) for Stand By or Lock - would you?
    Second that complete wipe, also after reloading check the lock/* keys before loading personal settings. If it works fine before your settings and doesn't after, well, self-explanatory
    08-23-10 01:52 AM
    Can either of you walk me through a complete wipe?

What does it mean to load personal settings? Putting all the apps back on?
    08-23-10 01:54 AM
    Complete wipe can be done with BlackBerry Master Control Program or CrackUtil; I don't recommend BBSAK as it just does a data wipe.
    08-23-10 01:55 AM
    Can either of you walk me through a complete wipe?

What does it mean to load personal settings? Putting all the apps back on?
    Personal settings are everything you set the phone to do after you got it; if you do a complete wipe of everything (file system, OS data) then when you reload the OS the phone will be set to default, like when you first got it. This way, if you press the lock key(s) and they work before your backed up settings (they are backed up, right?) are loaded you'll know for sure if it's the new software or a settings glitch/conflict.
    08-23-10 01:59 AM
    Which of these 2 programs do you recommend?

Also, in crack Util, do I want to wipe device applications or wipe device file system (or both)?
    08-23-10 02:00 AM
    As genomos suggested, do an ADVANCED RESTORE.

As in, restore only contacts etc but NOT the 'Settings'.
    08-23-10 02:01 AM
    ok, I am going to try now... If you guys will be around for the next little bit ot walk me through this, I'd be grateful. i will try with CrackUtil, since there were demo screens to walk me through it...
    08-23-10 02:03 AM
    Which of these 2 programs do you recommend?

Also, in crack Util, do I want to wipe device applications or wipe device file system (or both)?
    I prefer BBMCP, but they both do exactly the same thing. BBMCP can do both wipes together which will save you a good bit of time; with CrackUtil you'll have to wait for device reboot between wipes.
    08-23-10 02:03 AM
    And BOTH - wipe both.
    08-23-10 02:04 AM
    OK, there are three different files one can download for BBMCP, which do I download?
    08-23-10 02:04 AM
    OK, there are three different files one can download for BBMCP, which do I download?
    This is the direct .exe download for the stable version.
    08-23-10 02:06 AM
    I'm in BBMCP, which icon does the wipe?
    08-23-10 02:09 AM
    OK... I found it.

Do I want to:

perform a factory reset?

and do a complete wipe?
    08-23-10 02:12 AM
    aside from that, is there anything else I need to do before the wipe?

I have already performed a backup.
    08-23-10 02:12 AM
    OK... I found it.

Do I want to:

perform a factory reset?

and do a complete wipe?
    Yes, complete wipe. Factory reset, no. Keep mouse away from that one lol
    08-23-10 02:13 AM
    OK... starting now...

Once this finishes then what? I reinstall the OS?
    08-23-10 02:14 AM
    Also, you may run into some trouble if you don't run it as Admin. I set it to run permanently as Admin after installing so I can't say yay or nay on that.
    08-23-10 02:15 AM
    OK... starting now...

Once this finishes then what? I reinstall the OS?
    Yes - once it's done the device will reboot; then go ahead as you normally would with the OS load.
    08-23-10 02:16 AM
    How do I set it to run as admin...

I am stuck already. I confirmed that I want ot run a complete wipe, but the handheld wipe button (which I assume starts the process) is not highlighted, so I can't click it.

Any idea why and how I can fix the problem so I can get started?
    08-23-10 02:18 AM
    How do I set it to run as admin...

I am stuck already. I confirmed that I want ot run a complete wipe, but the handheld wipe button (which I assume starts the process) is not highlighted, so I can't click it.

Any idea why and how I can fix the problem so I can get started?
    In the settings pane (second icon top row that looks like a gear), make sure you have brickberry entered in the field under Enable Protected Controls. The two boxes to the right will let you keep that enabled so that when you go to do the wipe just check the confirm box, and then the handheld wipe button will be active for use.
    08-23-10 02:22 AM
    Setting BBMCP to run as Admin: right-click the desktop icon, scroll down to Properties, click Compatibility tab, and check the box for "Run this program as an administrator". That'll give it admin rights whenever you run it.

Edit - go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader -> loader.exe and do the same thing, and keep that window open. C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader if you have a 64-bit system.
    Last edited by genomos; 08-23-10 at 02:27 AM.
    08-23-10 02:24 AM
    ok, I just started the wipe process... How long does it take?
    08-23-10 02:28 AM
    ok... that was fast. The phone is rebooting...

Once it finishes I install the new OS?

After the new OS is installed - then what?
    08-23-10 02:29 AM
    Less than a minute for the wipe, and about half the time it normally takes to reboot. At least for mine it does.

ok, I just started the wipe process... How long does it take?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-10 02:30 AM
    After the OS is loaded do a battery pull and try out the lock/standby keys, if they don't work we know at that point it is the OS.

ok... that was fast. The phone is rebooting...

Once it finishes I install the new OS?

After the new OS is installed - then what?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-10 02:33 AM
116 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD