Uninstalling all OS's from PC before trying to install any more OS's
    08-23-10 03:40 AM
    Uninstalling all OS's from PC before trying to install any more OS's
    Roger that.
    08-23-10 03:43 AM
    I just ran CC Cleaner and it fixed 120 registry problems. They couldn't have been too major, as it took about 2 seconds to fix.

could that be the cause of all the problems?
    08-23-10 03:46 AM
    I just ran CC Cleaner and it fixed 120 registry problems. They couldn't have been too major, as it took about 2 seconds to fix.

could that be the cause of all the problems?
    Only if one of the keys dealing with apploader was incorrect. Possible and not entirely out of the question that it's the cause, but I'm more likely to believe that it's a coding error; although with it persisting through two OS installs I have my doubts. That'd be a question for one of the CB members that's intimately acquainted with the device innards or code/function in general, I'm merely a well-informed user lol
    08-23-10 03:52 AM
    You seem to be quite knowledgeable, and I really appreciate all of your help...

At the very least, I've learned how to perform a clean wipe on my device.

Is that BB program that runs the wipe good for anything else?
    08-23-10 03:55 AM
    You seem to be quite knowledgeable, and I really appreciate all of your help...

At the very least, I've learned how to perform a clean wipe on my device.

Is that BB program that runs the wipe good for anything else?
    Sure - backs up 3rd party apps, loads/feletes modules, builds .alx files for loading modules, even takes screenshots of your device. Has other functions that I never use even lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-10 04:01 AM
    Doesn't DM do a lot of that already?

Sounds like a lot of that program is above my pay grade.

.680 OS is about to become operational, cross your fingers...
    08-23-10 04:05 AM
    Doesn't DM do a lot of that already?

Sounds like a lot of that program is above my pay grade.

.680 OS is about to become operational, cross your fingers...
    DM doesn't do any of that; it can back up 3rd party apps if you trick it but it's not always effective. I've done it a few times with that method and sometimes it backs them all up; sometimes it backs up 3, maybe 4 apps.
    08-23-10 04:08 AM
    .680 OS has crashed and burned...

I think I'll just put the latest OS back on and bring it in to the carrier (unless you think it's better to have a different OS on when I bring it in)?
    08-23-10 04:09 AM
    So, you're saying, once my phone is working again, and a I run a restore from DM, most of my apps wouldn't have been backed up?
    08-23-10 04:10 AM
    .680 OS has crashed and burned...

I think I'll just put the latest OS back on and bring it in to the carrier (unless you think it's better to have a different OS on when I bring it in)?
    That'd be what I do in your shoes.
    Basically: "I put this update on and now my device is having problems. Help?"
    08-23-10 04:13 AM
    Can they give me issues for updating to an OS not offered by my official carrier?
    08-23-10 04:14 AM
    So, you're saying, once my phone is working again, and a I run a restore from DM, most of my apps wouldn't have been backed up?
    Nope, just the data.
    08-23-10 04:14 AM
    Can they give me issues for updating to an OS not offered by my official carrier?
    They won't know unless you tell them, I recommend not telling them lol
    08-23-10 04:15 AM
    Nope, just the data.
    Wow. That really sucks. To have to go and find all the apps I downloaded...
    08-23-10 04:19 AM
    They won't know unless you tell them, I recommend not telling them lol
    Won't it be obvious to them once they see what OS I am running and they see which OS they currently are officially supporting?
    08-23-10 04:19 AM
    My fault, I got out of step; needed to have you use BBMCP to back all those up so that they could be included with the list in apploader but I got ahead of things. My apologies
    08-23-10 04:21 AM
    Won't it be obvious to them once they see what OS I am running and they see which OS they currently are officially supporting?
    Put their latest official on before you go. I've had to go in one or two times for a couple issues and I slapped on the latest before going in, then once problem solved I reverted back to what I wanted to run.
    08-23-10 04:23 AM
    It's alright. I have no complaints. You have been a big help. Any apps I've purchased I have saved in my GMail / Mobihand accounts. Free apps I either don't really need or will track down again.
    08-23-10 04:23 AM
    Put their latest official on before you go. I've had to go in one or two times for a couple issues and I slapped on the latest before going in, then once problem solved I reverted back to what I wanted to run.
    I honestly don't even remember what theirs was. They never updated it since I bought it, and i have since run 5 or so OS upgrades...

Suggestions?
    08-23-10 04:26 AM
    ok, I seem to be having a new problem. I am trying to put the latest OS back on to the device - maybe not the best idea - but anyway, for the first time in all of these OS switches, it's not detecting the port to begin the installation...
    08-23-10 04:28 AM
    I honestly don't even remember what theirs was. They never updated it since I bought it, and i have since run 5 or so OS upgrades...

Suggestions?
    Yes - BBMCP has a downloads pane for official software. It's the second to last row, 3rd column, looks like a floppy disk with a green arrow; when you hover over it it'll say what it is.

ok, I seem to be having a new problem. I am trying to put the latest OS back on to the device - maybe not the best idea - but anyway, for the first time in all of these OS switches, it's not detecting the port to begin the installation...
    If your device isn't showing up as a plugged in device, go ahead and unplug it, then plug it back in. If it still doesn't show up, restart and plug it in again. That normally happens to me after an install, I simply unplug and reconnect and no problems.
    08-23-10 04:38 AM
    I highly recommend Quicklaunch for this reason, not to mention this is my most-used app. For any paid apps with keys I have a memo entry with those so I can just copy/paste and I'm up and rolling in about half an hour, from the time I plug my device in to being fully operational again. I can get them from the Crackberry appstore but this is far faster, even better than having bookmarks in the browser.

Here's what I mean:

08-23-10 04:48 AM
    I need whichever OS came before .586. Know which that was and where I can find it?

Also, I unplugged the phone, did a battery pull and plugged it back in, but a communication port is still not showing up...

I think I'm really in trouble now...
    08-23-10 04:49 AM
    I need whichever OS came before .586. Know which that was and where I can find it?

Also, I unplugged the phone, did a battery pull and plugged it back in, but a communication port is still not showing up...

I think I'm really in trouble now...
    Restarted your PC too? I see your with Orange; which one specifically?
    08-23-10 04:51 AM
116 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD